November 26, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Stephen Colbert Announces He Is Not Running For President in 2012 (VIDEO)

by Jeremy Taylor, posted Feb 25th 2011 7:00AM
'The Colbert Report'Potential presidential candidate Mike Huckabee was the guest on Thursday's 'The Colbert Report' (Weeknights, 11:30PM ET on Comedy Central.) However, it was Steven Colbert who made the dramatic announcement about his plans for 2012.

"Nation, I have a very important announcement to make," Colbert declared. "I've given this a lot of thought, I've spoken to my family, and tonight, I am officially declaring I am not running for President.

"Because I do not have a vision to push this country forward," Colbert continued. "I am not prepared to face our problems. And, most of all, I do not feel your pain. In fact, F--k, your pain.

"Stephen Colbert, not in 2012," he concluded.

In 2007, the comedian and talk show host did run for President and actually received a not-entirely-embarrassing level of support in a couple of legitimate opinion polls.

Watch the full episode here:

Mira Gomha

this was a couple of months ago if you look at the time he announced his candidacy during 2012 this was before it. Please do not post non factual information and or please update this article

January 21 2012 at 9:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vrigano

stephen colbert for president john stewart for v.p. artie lange for drug czar howard stern for fcc chairman and assorted media issues robin quivers and wendy williams women's issues jackie the jokeman for casinos and gambling w/ special advisors from the NY/NJ ITALIAN AMERICAN CULTURE SOCIETY BOARD RESTORE AMERICA TO GREATNESS TICKET !!!!!!!

February 27 2011 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob

Stephen Colbert,should not run for president .He knows nothing, do you hear me NOTHING. He's an A*****e

February 27 2011 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KIDKATS

DR. CONGRESSMAN RON PAUL HAS BEEN THE GO TO GUY FOR PRESIDENT INSTEAD BUSH AND OBAMA GOT THE NOD, TOO BAD FOR THIS COUNTRY. HE WILL BE RUNNING AGAIN, THIS TIME HOPE HE GETS NOMINATED

February 27 2011 at 7:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HangoTango

Wow, OK I never thought about it like that beofre.

www.web-anonymity.it.tc