August 21, 2014

Elton John to Host 'Saturday Night Live' in April

by Chris Harnick, posted Feb 28th 2011 10:30AM
Elton John to Host 'Saturday Night Live'Sir Elton John is returning to 'Saturday Night Live' for the first time in close to 30 years. However, the musician won't just be the musical guest -- he'll host the April 2 show too.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, John will perform with Leon Russell in the spring show.

The announcement came during John's annual Oscar bash benefiting the Elton John AIDS Foundation. At the party, a VIP package for two to SNL's April 2 show and cast after party went to a winner with a $75,000 bid.

In 1982, John performed 'Empty Garden' and 'Ball and Chain.'

Miley Cyrus is hosting NBC's late-night sketch show on March 5.

Tell us: Do you think Sir Elton John will do a good job as host?

Sarah Fisher

I love Elton John!

March 03 2011 at 10:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Trouble

I'm going to see Leon tomorrow nite in Richmond, VA. . . I can't believe he and Elton will be on Saturday nite together. Elton will be great!

February 28 2011 at 11:27 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Grandpa Dave 02

he will be amazing, love him, may god bless him and his family, may god bless his work too. thank you , saturday night live for getting him again....it will be a blast.....

February 28 2011 at 8:01 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
gcoundou

He will be amazing. He is an incredible talent. I agree, I hope he sings three songs, one by himself and two with Leon.

February 28 2011 at 7:37 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
stonez88

superstar......hmmm lets see now.....First-bobby soxer Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland started outdoor concerts, then came Elvis, The Beatles were next, Elton John and his piano, and rounding it out was Michael Jackson.
Is he special? For all the good this man has done for this earth. Hes an icon.
I dont agree with his lifestyle but i respect and truelly love this man.

February 28 2011 at 7:25 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
pskaggs437

does elton John enjoy doggie style ?

February 28 2011 at 7:18 PM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to pskaggs437's comment
chuckposvar

Of course he does and so does his "partner"!!!!! I worry about the boy he adopted. Can't stand the fag.

February 28 2011 at 7:48 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to chuckposvar's comment
michelle

FYI he did not adopt "the boy" . they had a surrogate mother and the child is biologically his. Recall that Elton did try the other side and was married to a nice woman. Too bad you can't appreciate great talent as SNL does. Maybe you are just jealous.

March 01 2011 at 7:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
normandyv

I don't know. Do you?

February 28 2011 at 8:26 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
beerpizza4

Elton is such a "Fairy" nice man.

February 28 2011 at 7:13 PM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
lbbont

Fcuk Elton John.

February 28 2011 at 7:12 PM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to lbbont's comment
mbmorrow4

Very mature sal.

February 28 2011 at 7:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
soleowner

Elton John will be great. Hope the writers do something good. I haven't watched in a while because everytime I do check in, it is SOoooooooo stupid!! And very inappropriate for my grand kids!!!!!

February 28 2011 at 6:56 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to soleowner's comment
chuckposvar

What's inappropriate for your grandkids is two fags adopting a little boy for themselves!!!!

February 28 2011 at 7:51 PM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
shdobe2

Elton will handle the job with ease. He has a great sense of humor and has no problem even poking fun at himself. I'm sure it will be great fun. I hope he performs both with and without Leon Russell. You go, EJ the DJ!

February 28 2011 at 6:42 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply