October 1, 2014

Got TV Questions? Ask Mo Those Queries Here

by Maureen Ryan, posted Mar 1st 2011 10:30AM
It's time for another Ask Mo column. Please leave your TV queries below, and I'll get to as many of them as I can in a soon-to-be-published post.

If you'd rather email your queries, feel free to drop me a line here. I regret to say that I don't have time to reply to everyone who sends a question, but please know that I do read every email.

All my previous Ask Mo columns can be found here. Please give the recent ones a quick peek before leaving your query; your question (or something similar to it) might already have been answered in a recent column.

wbigbill67

two questions what happened to victor on judge alex show and what happen to the previous announcer on jodge joe brown show

June 10 2011 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ted

I tweeted this and now @CraigyFerg blocked me. "@CraigyFerg You probably owe Serene Branson an apology, dontcha think?" Ferguson played video of her post-Grammys report where she basically spoke gibberish and then he joked about it. Some people thought it was a stroke and then her problems were later attributed by a UCLA physician to a complex migraine. I thought it was in bad taste to make a joke about someone having a medical emergency and sent that tweet. This seemed a pretty mild criticism and didn't warrant being blocked in my opinion.

My question, not necessarily TV related but interesting I think, What do you think about people on TV and the relationship they have with viewers via Twitter? What about blocking twitter accounts?

March 05 2011 at 4:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Baker

Its march and mostly its a break for older shows at the pit stops before the finish line is near for the season. what will be going on on House MD? Will there be a shocking finale? Will the show be pick up before the show's season finale?
I heard that Community is making a two episode finale in another paintball war? how will they top it this year? And do you like the Anne/Jeff or Brenda/Jeff relationship? And when will LA Law be on DVD?

March 04 2011 at 3:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matthew McCleary

What is your least favorite sitcom trope? I'm really hating the "married couple has trouble conceiving" plot...

March 04 2011 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ted

Hey Mo, So what do you know about "The Playboy Club" series which will apparently start filming it's pilot soon? I saw it described as "Mad Men in Chicago" Is it being filmed in Chicago? I also saw that there is an actual Mad Men connection, Alan Taylor, who directed the Mad Men pilot.

March 04 2011 at 2:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
FlyoverFi

Over the past few years I've noticed more and more television series have begun shooting in locations other than L.A. / Vancouver. For example, off the top of my head I can think of Burn Notice, the Chicago Code, Detroit 1-8-7, Hawaii Five-O, and Off the Map. Is this a trend that you think will continue and do you think it's a value add to the stories being told? Does on-location shooting add a sense of place to piece that cannot be otherwise created through exterior shots and the like?

March 04 2011 at 2:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill H

With the Chuck/Sarah wedding likely this season any word of if we will get to meet Sarah's mom or will her family only consist of Gary Cole? I'd love to see Cheryl Ladd cast as Sarah's mom. One other thing any word on whether the sister she mentioned in Chuck VS The Wookie was real or just a cover story? Will we find out about her?

March 04 2011 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris Piers

I trust the Supernatural writers, but I can't figure out who the ultimate threat for the season finale will be. Any thoughts?

March 04 2011 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tyler

I know that you commented before on the state of female writers in television. Have you seen any upswing in the amount of female writers? Or even writers of color? And what about female creators for this pilot season?

March 04 2011 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TAUSIF

So Hulu just added five episodes of the second season of Friday Night Lights to my queue (I am a subscriber) and on the bottom right corner I saw the ABC Family logo. Is there any chance that Friday Night Lights is coming back to ABC Family?

March 02 2011 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply