August 30, 2014

DWTS Star Bristol Palin Pens Memoir, 'Not Afraid of Life'

by Chris Harnick, posted Mar 1st 2011 3:00PM
Bristol Palin Pens MemoirBristol Palin -- teen activist, 'Dancing With the Stars' finalist and daughter of Sarah -- can add a new title to her list of descriptors: author. Palin's memoir, 'Not Afraid of Life,' will officially hit shelves this summer.

In 'Not Afraid of Life,' Palin will discuss her future, living life in the media spotlight thanks to her mother's political rise and, of course, her time on 'Dancing With the Stars.'

William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins, will publish the memoir. Sarah Palin has two bestselling books at the publisher.

"Bristol gives readers an intimate behind-the-scenes look at her life for the first time, from growing up in Alaska to coming of age amid the media and political frenzy surrounding her mother's political rise; from becoming a single mother while still a teenager to coping as her relationship with her baby's father crumbled publicly -- not once, but twice," the publisher said in a statement.

"Bristol talks about the highs and lows of her appearance on ABC-TV's 'Dancing With the Stars,' including the aching hours of practice, the biting criticisms, and the thrill of getting to the show's finals. She speaks candidly of her aspirations for the future and the deep religious faith that gives her strength and inspiration. Plainspoken and disarmingly down to earth, Bristol offers new insight and understanding of who she is and what she values most."

Tell us: Will you read Bristol's memoir?

aotano

Yes I will I have both books that her mother has written and I have even watch her special on Discovery Channel. I like the PALIN family

May 09 2011 at 5:07 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jpweav

Please God. Make the Palin haters go away!!!!!!!

April 04 2011 at 2:37 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jonf1023

Teens dont write memoirs. They write term papers, Book reports and "What I did on my summer vacation " essays. Spare me please!

March 02 2011 at 6:05 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Nmimsy

After watching Bristol on DWTS, I found her to be a beautiful young woman with a lot of guts, much like her mother. I will look forward to reading her book, and I wish her the very best life has to offer.Tripp is adorable,and you can see how much he is loved.

March 02 2011 at 5:24 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
thomaskurtz1

She has not experienced enough of life to write a memoir yet. She is still a child when it comes to facing the challenges of life . This is nothing more than a way to make money on her name. I am sure the book will reveal
just how wonderful her mother is , This has a political feel to it. I do not trust her motive in writing this book.

March 02 2011 at 2:43 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
acmom34

She has as much right to write a book as anyone. I cannot understand why people feel so much hatred toward her. She made mistakes (like most people), and now she's trying to correct them. Yes, I will read her book because I would like to know her side of the story, and not what the biased media has to say about her.

March 02 2011 at 2:34 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Donna

March 02 2011 at 2:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cityplese

Save a tree - don't buy the book.

March 02 2011 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hywayhero

Sure, I would read her book and find out her side of things not just the biased media side. I think she deserves a shot to set the record straight.

March 02 2011 at 1:44 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
James Smith

Wait, is there really anyone in this coutry that is stupid enough to buy this book to begin with?

March 02 2011 at 1:41 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply