December 19, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

David Letterman Asks Brian Williams to Stop Doing Jay Leno's and Jon Stewart's Shows (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Mar 1st 2011 1:59AM
Brian Williams, 'Late Show with David Letterman'According to David Letterman, he was personally picked by the retiring Tom Brokaw to look after Brokaw's successor in the anchor chair at 'NBC Nightly News.' Letterman told Brian Williams about the conversation he had with Brokaw on 'Late Show' (Weeknights, 11:35PM ET on CBS).

"Dave, do me a favor," Brokaw said to him. "Look after Brian."

"In the meantime I see you showing up on the g******** Leno show," Letterman said. "I've seen it! Last week? Funny boy Jon Stewart!"

Williams tried to defend himself by reminding Letterman that 'The Tonight Show' is on NBC, where he works, but that only poured salt in a very old wound.

"Go ahead, stab me!" Letterman shouted, opening his jacket. "Come on, right in the heart!"

"I am begging you," Letterman pleaded with Williams, "Stop doing those shows!"

makimaus

I suppose Letterman thinks he's being funny, but Jon Stewart has more humor in his little finger than Letterman's been able to muster in his entire career.

March 02 2011 at 4:09 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
danmlegrand

Letterman has a huge ego and can not get over not getting the Tonight Show.

March 01 2011 at 6:24 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
whatever!!!!!

If we all ignored these self righteous people, they might go away. 2 miliion for a few hours of work each episode makes them so ungrateful, and you all support it.

March 01 2011 at 12:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
decrease

The only show biz personality more vacuous and self serving than Letterman is Charlie Sheen!

March 01 2011 at 11:49 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to decrease's comment
Douglas

Yes but Charley sheen is funny.

March 01 2011 at 12:37 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
jmbkanga2

Letterman is such a jerk! Have you noticed how his guests have to sit in a chair lower than his so he an be "above them" and look down on them? That says a lot about the kind of a peson he is.

March 01 2011 at 11:31 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jmbkanga2's comment
barb

Why do you watch?--that is pretty nit piky

March 01 2011 at 12:02 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
ted

call me at 7273460230 I got a these cheap ipads

March 01 2011 at 11:16 AM Report abuse -5 rate up rate down Reply
robinegg

OK....am going to stop wasting my time on the comments.....geez, waf wots, what part of entertainment don't you understand? Sour grapes are just a waste of time. change the channel if you don't like it....stop whining!

March 01 2011 at 10:57 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
bryanmerrittper2

Letterman ain' t funny he is a yes man for the Democrat party and like Obama he is on the wrong side of every issue.

March 01 2011 at 10:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GOD DAMN OLD MAN

Yep, uplift bras, I do the same thing and I am a man! I put a potato in my swimming suit.

March 01 2011 at 10:14 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Douglas

THIS HAS BEEN ON AOL FOR OVER TWO HOURS AND 16 COMMENTS ABOUT THIS TOPIC!!! THIS HAS SHOWN NOBODY CARES ABOUT David Letterman..
HEY AOL!! RUN A STORY ON JOHNNY CARSON AND PUT David Letterman TO SHAME WITH THE AMOUNT OF COMMENTS AND HE DIED YEARS AGO.

March 01 2011 at 10:09 AM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply