September 1, 2014

Marg Helgenberger Will Be Back for a 'Few Episodes' of 'CSI' Next Season

by Chris Harnick, posted Mar 1st 2011 11:30AM
Marg Helgenberger CSIMarg Helgenberger's 'CSI' contract is up at the end of the season, but it's not time to say goodbye to Catherine Willows just yet.

Entertainment Weekly reports that Helgenberger's contract is not finalized just yet, but she told PEOPLE she and producers "[are] talking maybe [only] doing a few episodes."

"The older you get, the more comfortable you become with who you are and who you are continuing to become," she said. "I'm looking forward to the next chapter."

The number of episodes in which she'll appear is still undetermined.

The actress has been with the series since its premiere. Since the beginning of 'CSI''s run, original cast member Jorja Fox has left and returned, Gary Dourdan departed in 2008 and William Petersen left the series Jan. 2009.

Tell us: Will you miss Marg?

Blueberry24

I will miss her like mad i love marg so much. i only watch csi because marg is in it i absalutly love her and tbh i probably wont watch it as much when she leaves. but im only 14 so i havnt seen every season and every ep although i watch some older ones online and on tv five usa so i will definetly be watching the ones with her in it still. But i agree the show is nothing without Marg. :-) xx

March 18 2011 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carley

will definitely miss her but i think it is absolutely stupid to not watch it just because one person leaves. There are so many other great actors and actresses on there. Laurence Fishburne (Ray Langston) is amazing. So is George Eads (Nick Stokes) and Eric Szmanda (Greg Sanders). Actually the whole cast are amazing. The only reason why i would not watch it is because all of the orginal cast is gone because it wouldn't be the same. I love the show and the whole entire cast so don't try to convince me to not watch csi because it wouldn't work!!! I will say that i was upset when grissom left but i just got over it. It is not the end of the world because she is leaving. The whole cast have definitely inspires me and are the reason why i am majoring in forensic science in college.

March 02 2011 at 11:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
oldfrogg

The show is nothing without Bill and Marg

March 02 2011 at 10:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bwterry2575

I have been a fan of Marq since China Beach; I am glad she will be back. I look forward to see what she dos now.

March 02 2011 at 7:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ron

I have followed Marg since her days on China Beach. It would be a shame to lose her on C.S.I/; but whatever she does will be just as great as these two shows were.

March 02 2011 at 4:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joang48

No, I won't miss her now. I would have missed her a few years ago when she was an interesting character. For the last 3 seasons, she has been a non-person on the show.

March 02 2011 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
toast166

I stopped watching CSI 3 years ago, its a shame, it WAS a great show.

March 02 2011 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy

I think the rateing will go down. The show will not be the same. I think she should stay on full time.

March 02 2011 at 3:11 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
KMHII

The show would not be the same without Marg.

March 02 2011 at 2:17 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Phillip

I was a fan until most of the originals started leaving,I was sad when Warrick was killed off, but I stuck with it, because I wanted to see what would happen between Sarah and Guss, but was dissapponted. When the "mainstay" of the show bailed, I had a feeling the show would go down from there. I even watched half the season they brought Fishburn on...But come on folks....Morpheus the Great (imo) on a TV show?? A massive step down. Marg Hilgenberg was the only saving grace of the original show...I moved to CSI Miami a while back anyway.

March 02 2011 at 1:19 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply