November 23, 2014

John Stamos to Guest Star on 'Law & Order: SVU'

by Catherine Lawson, posted Mar 4th 2011 8:57AM

John StamosIt's been reported that 'ER' and 'Full House' star John Stamos will soon be paying a visit to the gritty world of 'Law & Order: SVU.'

Details of his guest-starring role are sketchy right now, but according to TVGuide.com Stamos will appear in the same episode as 'Footloose' star Lori Singer, which is slated to air April 6.

Stamos hasn't signed up for a fulltime TV gig since leaving 'ER' in 2009, but he's had a recurring role on Season 2 of 'Glee,' where he plays Emma's husband (and dentist) Dr. Carl Howell.

He was recently embroiled in the furore surrounding Charlie Sheen after it was reported that CBS was wooing him to take over from the troubled star on 'Two and a Half Men.' Stamos greeted the news lightheartedly, tweeting that "Contrary to the rumors, I am not replacing Charlie Sheen on 'Two and a Half Men.' However, Martin Sheen has asked me to be his son."

Sheen, on the other hand, failed to see the funny side and reacted angrily, saying that Stamos "doesn't have what it takes" to replace him. He has, however, since apologized for the outburst, telling Access Hollywood that he was "out of line."

'Law & Order: SVU' airs Wednesdays, 10PM ET on NBC.

cque8

John Stamos? Whew...Yeah I'd watch him.

March 06 2011 at 9:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vintageaccess

Replacing Sheen with Stamos would be an awesome coup for CBS.
Van Halen did the same thing replacing Roth with Hagar and they were way better after the change.

March 06 2011 at 8:10 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to vintageaccess's comment
jade4953

yeah, like when Brian Gumble thought
"The Today Show" would collapse,and in
comes Matt Lauer, the rest is history!

March 06 2011 at 8:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandra Wilson

Stamos is a hottie! I'd come back to 2 1/2 Men if he replaced Sheen - that's the only way. Sheen's a total nut job who's disrepectful (at his best) towards women and I can't tolerate or support any projects he is involved in, nor will I purchase any products who sponsor his projects.

March 06 2011 at 7:25 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Leighdee77

John Stamos, Has way to much class to replace Charlie Sheen, on 2 & 1/2 Men. Not to mention he is still very
Hot!

March 06 2011 at 7:06 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
crabdrum

John Stamos is one of the good guys! A very very good looking good guy. I have always liked him.

March 06 2011 at 6:34 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
mildicarlo

Uncle Jessie still so hot!!

March 06 2011 at 4:38 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
carolyncarn

I only watched 2 and a half men a few times, but, if John Stamos takes his place,I definitly will watch the show

March 06 2011 at 4:27 PM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply
JO ANN

I would watch Two and a half men if John Stamos replaced Charlie Sheen. I have never watched it because of Charlie Sheen. I think he's as obnoxious off the screen as he is on the screen, and I can't tolerate his antics.

March 06 2011 at 3:39 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Little Kitten

He will be GREAT!!!!! We so hope it happens.

March 06 2011 at 3:39 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Linda

Oops...that should have said he's a classy guy

March 06 2011 at 3:32 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply