December 21, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Stefano Langone Reminds the Judges Why They Love Him on His Way to the Top 13 on 'American Idol' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Mar 4th 2011 12:04AM
Stefano Langone Wild Card Pick Top 13, 'American Idol'Stefano Langone must have taken all that he was feeling about not making the 'American Idol' (Thu., 8PM ET on FOX) Top 10 based on America's vote, and channelled it into his wild card performance of Smokie Norful's 'I Need You Now.'

It was such a heartfelt performance that it took Steven Tyler back to when they first met Langone on the road. "You brought all that stuff I heard in the beginning that made me fall in love with your voice to that song just now," he told Langone.

Later, the judges rewarded him with one of the final three slots, creating the Top 13 who'll compete for America's votes. Langone was subdued and appreciative at being picked, but don't let that calm demeanor fool you. His performance told it all. This guy has power and passion.

'American Idol' airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8PM ET on FOX.

Do you think Stefano should have made the Top 13?

Melanie

ASHTON IS TERRIBLE!!! WOW..and so is The girl with the flower in her hair..her name starts with am N...Niama? Anyway..they let go of some good folks for these 2? I dont even like Jocob! I can't believe they got rid of Chris medina!! his voice was so nice!!

March 07 2011 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kimberlee Ann

Love Steven Tyler, J-Lo, not so much. I just wish ALL the judes had a little more backbone and were alot more truthful about the performances. I think bringing Ashton back is a huge mistake. Lauren T can out sing her and some of the others that made the top 10. For the most part thoug-I think America got it right.

March 04 2011 at 9:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ghmady4

Vicky, please do not sound so ignorant. Not all spanish people are Mexican. The American idol winner should not be base on race or ethnicity but on talent. Also, remember just because someone is of a spanish decent does not mean they are not American. Your comment should be more thoughtful. Your posting demonstrates a lack of education.

March 04 2011 at 9:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lyn

I agree......with Vicky, What kill's me is the singing in spanish......... this is not a spanish contest..........I would love to know what they would say if the other contestants sang in other languages..........I am outraged........This is AMERICAN IDOL sing in english so we can understand you..............don't sing for a selected few................outraged...........Simon would have booted them out

March 04 2011 at 4:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vicky

You have got to be kiddi;ng me!!!!!! I can't believe what I just wittnessed on american idol, my favorite program of all time. IS THIS AMERICA N IDOL OR MEXICANA IDOL OR AMERICANO MEXICO IDOL ? I am beside myself right now !!!!! Some of the best talent I have ever ever seen has just been thrown away for nothing. Shocking and out rageous. I don't th;ink I can cont;inue watching this program anymore. Jenifer lopez has shown me , she is not there for the talent but is certainly there to permote her own ajenda. Vicky Myer

March 04 2011 at 1:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply