October 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Craig Ferguson Isn't Buying Aaron Eckhart's Story of a Rattlesnake Coiling on His Foot (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Mar 8th 2011 4:13AM
Aaron Eckhart, 'The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson'You'd think Craig Ferguson would be a bit more excited about a rattlesnake story, considering his rattlesnake mug and snake tattoo. Alas, as Aaron Eckhart learned on 'The Late Late Show' (Weeknights, 12:37AM ET on CBS), the comic can be a bit cynical at times.

He took that cynicism to new heights with Eckhart's story. Let's review the story.

"I was doing a movie in New Mexico. I was running up a slope or something. I bent down to get some breath, and there was a rattlesnake coiling on my foot."

Sounds reasonable, right? There are rattlesnakes in New Mexico. He could have easily disturbed one by running up on it. But that was enough for Ferguson to start calling shenanigans.

"What do you mean you bent down to get some breath?" He interrupted. "How high was this hill you were running up? It was so high you went out of the Earth's atmosphere and you had to bend down to get a breath?"

He then proceeded to start breaking down the entire story as presented so far, until Eckhart shut him down and demanded he be allowed to tell the story the way he wants to tell it.

"All right, tell the story," Ferguson acquiesced.

"I just did," Eckhart said. He probably knew any further details would be scrutinized just as unreasonably.

WIDTAP

Jason Hughes seems awfully offended at Craig's incredulity. Aaron Eckhart just seems to be laughing.

March 08 2011 at 3:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lestat477

hahahahaha I am from colorado no way no how is a snake gonna come from no where and just coil up on your foot!! tooo funning funny!!!

March 08 2011 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ddiribbons

Sounds like Hillary Clinton saying she was shot at by terrorists.

March 08 2011 at 12:24 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Tutu

He may have seen a snake and it may even have crawled across his foot, but to coil and not strike...LOL...I don't believe it for a moment. I have lived and visisted NM many times and seen many a snake but they are usually trying to get away from me faster then I am away from them.

March 08 2011 at 12:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bgrhu

You made that conversation sound much more confrontational than it actually was.

March 08 2011 at 11:30 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
berryfast

he's a liar...and making himself look like a real fool by telling this story!!!

March 08 2011 at 10:53 AM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
James

The story sounds a bit far fetched to me. If you are that close to a rattlesnake, and you surprised it, it would have struck him out of fear. It is not going to coil on your foot for christ's sake and wait to see what you do. What a load of crap.

March 08 2011 at 10:17 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Bill

he's a liar

March 08 2011 at 9:49 AM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
Sandy

This kind of crap happens all the time?! This guy behind the desk is a bit of a city dweller? Maybe new york city or something?? This is the ordinary for a florida person. I would bet for texas too. I know it happens alot in Kentucky if you are climbin' around. I don't even want to count the snakes I've killed comin' off my foot or the ones coiled in front of me or runnin' from me. I was mad to see a baby python in my yard last year tho -I killed him pronto

March 08 2011 at 9:16 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
terry

just returned from mexico on a cruise, going on another in apr to the virgin islands, and then in aug to lake lure for a week my two vacations for this year,

March 08 2011 at 6:47 AM Report abuse -6 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to terry's comment
mentorsandi8039

and we care why?

March 08 2011 at 7:28 AM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply
B

I'm going to the movies..

March 08 2011 at 10:12 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply