September 1, 2014

Spoilers Anonymous In-Depth: 'NCIS'

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Mar 8th 2011 2:00PM
Spoilers AnonymousThis is Spoilers Anonymous In-Depth, a weekly column here at TV Squad where we discuss and give our two cents on recently released spoilers and how they may affect the storylines, shows and fans.

This in-depth version of the column goes hand-in-hand with our weekly spoilers column, in which we supply you with the dirt on some of the more popular shows on the air.

This week, we discuss spoilers about a major upcoming storyline that will rock the world of the 'NCIS' agents.

The April 5 episode will be the first of many episodes following a dramatic serial killer storyline. As TVLINE dished a few days ago, the arc will "revolve around a murdering psychopath dubbed the Port-to-Port Killer."

Gibbs will have to get at least two new agents -- both will be recurring characters -- to help his team out in tracking the serial killer. It wouldn't be surprising if Agent EJ Barrett, introduced in the latest episode, also joins the task force as the character is said to be sticking around until the end of the season.

Big arcs have always been entertaining on 'NCIS' and have offered more background on our beloved characters as they grapple with situations on an emotional level. Just think of the Ari arc that led to Kate's death and the introduction of Ari's half-sister, Ziva. Procedurals usually lack in character development, something that ardent fans demand, and, luckily, 'NCIS' has a track record of rewarding us during big storylines.

A serial killer storyline usually means deaths, including some important ones. It's been confirmed in the past weeks/months that all series regulars have signed up new contracts with the exception of one: Cote de Pablo. Don't be alarmed yet -- she may have already signed a contract to return, but the show has been keeping it under wraps as a potential foiler (aka fake spoiler), hoping to get fans thinking Ziva might bite the dust.

The 'NCIS' cast is one of the best ensembles on TV right now so we would prefer everyone to return next season. However, isn't it time there is another cast shake-up to bring some fresh blood into the show? But if the show does decide to kill off a main character, they better stay away from Gibbs, Tony, McGee or Abby!

That being said, maybe said freshness could be offered by one of the three new agents (that includes Barrett) who could end up being added to Gibbs' team. This addition would allow to slightly change the team's dynamics.

Speaking of the three new recurring characters, it wouldn't be surprising that at least one of them ends up being a redshirt who dies at the Port-to-Port Killer's hands. It's common for shows to introduce recurring characters that fans grow to enjoy, only to kill them off at the end of the villain's arc.

Are you looking forward to the serial killer storyline? Do you think a main character will die? If so, which one? What's your take on Barrett and the two other agents that will soon be introduced?

Share your two cents in comments below!

'NCIS' airs on Tuesdays at 8PM ET on CBS

Follow @icarreau on Twitter.

Rob

Oh come one they are going to kill off a member of the new team. I think Gibbs gets promoted to Assistant Director of Operations (ADO) and becomes ahead of all of the teams including LA. Tony gets promoted to the team leader and they add a new member to the original cast and team.

May 12 2011 at 9:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
QuirkyQuilter

I so hope they do nothing that leads to the permanent demise of Gibbs, Tony, Timothy, Ziva, Abby, Ducky or Jimmy. I am very attached to them all. More importantly they seem to have a chemistry together that lifts the show above it's competition. It would be a shame to mess with that. I hate EJ and could do without Vance.
That said, I greatly admire David McCallum and he was the reason I started watching when the show premiered. This season he has made some comments about his assistant Jimmy developing into a fine ME. Mr. McCallum is extraordinarily talented and works very hard, including lots of physical activity. While I do not want him to, it would be very understandable for a man born in 1933 to be getting ready to retire after a long, successful career. I would be happy to do what he does at my age, 50, let alone at 78.
In the meantime I will cross my fingers and hope the EJ is simply a red shirt, hired to be guilty of the killings or to be killed while apprehending the port to port killer.

May 04 2011 at 12:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
J Scott Lewis

Well, I have a pretty good idea who the Port-to-Port killer is. They have been dropping hints since the whole thing began. I hope all of the main characters come back, because my wife will be devastated if they do not.

May 03 2011 at 9:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erin

Please don't kill off Ziva. I love her. If you do take Vance.

April 28 2011 at 8:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MenyweatherWoods

First time commentor. 7 years ago a friend of my wife called while we were in the Midwest, Nebraska, and suggested we look at this show called NCIS. My wife and I have watched from Season 2 to the present and have purchased Season 1 and like many of your writers - WE LOVE NCIS! I know, a grown man, nearing the age before Social Security kick in. crying at the loss of the NCIS-LA Agent who kept Gibbs secret - seeing Vance & Gibbs finding a way to communicate - and watch the team Gibbs, DiNo, Ziva, McGee, Abby, Duckey and Palmer after the lost of Duckey's first assistant whose Grandfather had been a Director & Embalmer - I remember Gibbs first boss and Jennie, and of course Kate - all made NCIS powerful. I am troubled about Vance, especially after he has worked so hard to secure his place and respect of the team and the strategic appearance of his family; but the relationship between him & Gibbs have Ms Barrett thinking she can come between and will do anything to do just that. Though she bragged about her investigative skills, her actions reminds me of the movies where the old are placed in the background so the youth can lead without the knowledge of knowing when they need to ask for help. Anyway - her divisive nature including not showing the respect Tony asked her to Gibbs and to hear her proclaim she can outbest Gibbs only demonstrates how far she has to go. Vance and actions may be explained by the remarks of the Kate's sister and unfortunately The Sec of Navy made it plain to Vance why he appointed him and with his ego, he could be using Barrett to get Gibbs out - only she is the type who will sc*** Vance also. As much as I like Vance, for him to betray Gibbs and treat him in an insulting manner over someone as EJ? Does he really think she is on the level as Leroy Jethro Gibbs? Vance, you are street wise, you listen to Tupac, you were given the opportunity to settle with the individual who faked your records, and tried to have you killed? Who has something on you and trying to tear apart your relationship with someone who trully learned to respect your leadership? Long live the immortal words: Get your gear! Tony get the van! McGee call Duckey! We have a dead soldier to investigate!

April 19 2011 at 1:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Faye Evans

I have been sooooo hoping they would kill off that stuff shirt egotistical, back stabbing, think's he is god to all women Tony but season after season he is still there. I can't stand him. I even stopped watching the show for a time. As for Barrett she is nothing but a female Tony and the two deserve each other and for me I hope they both get killed off. I love Gibbs, Abby, and Tim I am pretty sure I won't be watching anymore I am tired of the shake ups to find out only the best charecters get killed off and the Jackasses stay. Bye NCIS it has been a decent run but I will be finding something different to watch.

April 05 2011 at 8:51 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Floy Calogero

I love NCIS as it is. My favorite character is Zeva and feel when she added the cast, the show became mucn better.
I did not like the character of Kate. I do not like the new woman Barrett at all.
If Zeva is killed off, I will not watch the show as much.
flcalo

April 05 2011 at 3:05 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
nonamehere

Sean Murray does seem ill. The look is dramatic and it seems as though we're witnessing a person whither away. From the very beginning I've enjoyed the show, and the scenes in autopsy are graphic without being crude. Moreover, having been witness to many autopsies, the body's do look 'real'. Duckie is Jethro's conscience. Tony gets on my nerves, more ways than one. His juvenile comments are irksome & usually add nothing to scene. Having said that, the character is important to the show's continuity. I hope Ziva remains, but I'd rather not see them portray her as a trained killer, since I haven't noticed her practising her 'art' save with Ari. Adding new characters is tricky, but often backfires on shows where viewers are passionate about the established characters and their story-lines. I think the idea of a continuing 'bad-guy' is something that will help the show and keep it fresh. Let us all hope the Proby is just loosing weight on purpose rather than because of illness. I know its a private matter . . . but he just looks bad. Has anyone noticed a lack of physical activity?

March 18 2011 at 2:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nancylee12943

Ive noticed the probe is getting too thin is he ill?

March 18 2011 at 7:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
magicmanpcre

Another comment or question---- Whats up with Sean Murray? He looks as if he lost weight / it does not look good for him. makes me think he looks like a cancer patient. Sean gain some of it back please!

March 16 2011 at 10:49 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply