October 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'American Idol': James Durbin is 'Everything' on a Paul McCartney Classic (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Mar 9th 2011 11:46PM
James Durbin, 'American Idol'James Durbin is definitely in this thing to win it. After blowing everyone away last week on 'American Idol' (Wed., 8PM ET on FOX) with a Judas Priest classic, he pulled us in an entirely different direction this week with an equally dominant version of Paul McCartney's 'Maybe I'm Amazed.'

The power of his voice was still evident, but so was the beautiful quality and the tenderness in his natural tone. That's something we haven't seen a lot of from him.

"You have what the greatest rock singers have, and that's a melodic quality to your voice," Jennifer Lopez said. "It's just ... everything."

Was James Durbin "everything" for you? Who do you think was the best of the night?

Carol

James is a true American Idol..........I have listened to this version of McCartney's song over and over.........would love to have his whole version of the song.......Wonderful!!! He is amazing and can't wait to see what he does this week!!!

March 15 2011 at 2:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jackd1207

"Maybe I'm Amazed" has always been one of my favorite McCartney songs. Now I'm afraid that if I hear McCartney singing it again, I'll think "pretty good, but not as good as James Durbin". That was amazing; and live, too! I wanna buy the studio version of that!

March 14 2011 at 5:29 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
rchinyy

Pia's got nothing on James Durbin

March 10 2011 at 1:55 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
carolann113

Pia is awesome, But James you just do it for me! WoW, WoW, WoW !!!! You're a Winner !

March 10 2011 at 12:38 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
delay601

TRULY AMAZING, TRY TO UNDERSTAND HIS LIFE AND WHERE HE IS NOW, JUST COMPLETELY AWESOME AND THE PERFORMANCE ????? ....CLOSE YOUR EYES AND JUST LISTEN NO ONE CAN QUITE COMPARE

March 10 2011 at 10:48 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
wmk1rams

James is like Elvis & Freddie Mercury, effortless and great! You hear, see and feel his emotion in ever song. James is by far the most talented singer on the show!!!!!! Go James!!!!!!

March 10 2011 at 10:47 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
JayPRwej

james is awinner yes

March 10 2011 at 10:42 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
hill4all

James your voice brought me to tears. God Has blessed you!

March 10 2011 at 8:16 AM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
dar

james nailed it on ''Ido"l'"

March 10 2011 at 7:49 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
dar

james is awsome ..what a superstar voice..he's number one

March 10 2011 at 7:48 AM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply