September 17, 2014

CBS Renews 'Survivor,' Jeff Probst Signs New Deal

by Chris Harnick, posted Mar 9th 2011 3:45PM
Jeff ProbstCBS has officially picked up 'Survivor' and renewed its deal with series host Jeff Probst. Looks like this means Probst won't be replacing Regis Philbin.

The new deal sees 'Survivor' on the network for the 2011–2012 TV season, with Probst as host of season 23 and 24. This follows the similar deal Probst signed in 2010.

"'Survivor' is a program franchise that continues to stand the test of time," Jennifer Bresnan, executive vice president of alternative programming at CBS, said in a statement. "Each season delivers new faces, exotic places, the ultimate social experiment combined with game play, and one of the most engaged audiences anywhere on primetime television."

Probst's name entered the race for the empty 'Live' seat after filling in for Philbin on several occasions. That's pretty unlikely to happen now, unless Kelly Ripa is comfortable sitting next to a screen for long periods of time.

On the air since 2000, 'Survivor' has maintained steady ratings over the last couple of seasons, bringing in an average of 12–13 million viewers per season. At its peak, the show's second season had an average of 29.8 million viewers.

Tell us: Would you watch 'Survivor' without Jeff Probst as host?

Patricia Palmer

I would watch it but not as much Jeff needs to stay and I need more of the Season DVD as 5,6, 11 etc.

May 04 2011 at 7:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patricia Palmer

I would not watch it as much unless Jeff id the host?

May 04 2011 at 7:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

j0rdan dunk af1 maⅹ gucc! sh0es 33 d011ar;
EDhardy gucc! ny New Era cap 15 d011ar;
(a!r maⅹ, sh0ⅹ tn, r!ft, puma, dunk sb,) n!ke

j0rdan sh0es 1-24 32 d011ar

March 10 2011 at 9:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chuckandkay

I agree that Jeff is a big part of the show and to me tje drama never gets old.

March 10 2011 at 4:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mr41005

I like the show, but am tired of seeing the same people brought back. There are a lot of people out there, who would love the chance to win some money. Why do the same ones get the chance over and over? And maybe pick new tribes each week by some sort of lottery, and maybe that would shake up some of the alliances. As I said, I like the show, but I have never seen so many people unable to think for themselves.

March 10 2011 at 2:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
streganonna40

it would depend on who replaced Jeff Probst - it would have to be someone as personable and good looking and charming as Jeff. By the way, I named my new cat Jeff....... "just saying"

March 10 2011 at 2:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gmh07036

I've watched survivor all these years, still enjoy it. The time has come thou to make a few changes. Get rid of the immunity idol and switch to a " wheel " like the ones at the amusement parks / wheel of fortune. When the tribe gets to the elimination campfire; prior to the voting , a wheel is spun and thats the person you can't vote for --- this way the tribes can't plan beforehand. Another thought , why can't the " survivor crew " have a decent shelter built for when the tribes arrive so the cast will have something protective over their heads instead of battling the elements ?? I think a few changes are warranted after all these years.

March 10 2011 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fentex5

How the heck do these people count televivion seasons? This show hasn't been on for 22 years. It hasn't even been on for ten years. Do they show four television seasons per year? We hear the same types of gibberish from shows of the so called "reality" genre. The episodic drama or comedy series produce ONE season per year that is anywhere from 13 weeks in duration or more.

March 10 2011 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JENNIFER

Love this show. It wouldnt be the same without Jeff Probst. I miss Russell already. L0L

March 10 2011 at 1:46 PM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
frankbrntwd

THE ONE THING GOOD ABOUT KATE AT LEAST SHE TOOK THE TIME TO GO TO A PLASTIC SURGEON AND GOT SOME WORK DONE ON HER, OTHER THEN HER ATITUDE, THAT THE ONLY THING I LIKE ABOUT HER.

March 10 2011 at 1:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply