April 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Adam Lambert Impresses 'American Idol' Audience With Subdued Performance (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Mar 10th 2011 11:30PM
Adam Lambert, 'American Idol'Adam Lambert, the former runner-up of 'American Idol' (Thu., 8PM on FOX) returned to the stage that made him a star with a stripped down version of his song "Aftermath." The singer brought the acoustic version so that the lyrics and message of the song could shine.

We still saw that signature tongue of his slip out of his mouth on one of the bigger notes, but it was a much smaller performance than the decadence that marked most of his time as a contestant on the 'Idol' stage.

In the banter with Ryan Seacrest, Lambert talked about a dance version of the song that's also available, wherein Seacrest admitted to doing the "Dougie" to it, a dance movie Lambert proved unfamiliar with.

'American Idol airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8PM ET on FOX.

Queue Jennifer Lopez showing a brief sample of it, before shifting to the contestants on the couches showing their craziest Dougie-inspired moves. We'll call it shaking off the elimination night jitters.

Cathy M

How can you hate on a guy that is trying to help out a Charity, and has done so several times in the last year. I just have gotten so saddened by some people these days. Haters please listen to the words to this song , get a clue, love ya Adam, you are a gracious , kind, beautiful soul , your parents raised you right !!!

March 13 2011 at 7:41 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
gentelc

Adam is a sexy, aggressive gay guy. I want to get rid of those earrings, and sing some beautiful ballads and torch songs. His middle notes are clear and impressive. Enough of that show-off screaming. He's proven himself.

March 13 2011 at 7:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gentelc

I like Adam Lambert, but his show-off screaming is beginning to bore me. I would love to hear him sing a ballad or torch song -- in the tradition of Johnny Mathis and Barbra Streisand.

March 13 2011 at 7:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dreamerbj242

dreamer

Adam has an amazing voice and band. Think the long haired freak judge is JEALOUS of Adam!

March 12 2011 at 11:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mary

Adam ia a brilliant artist,everyone has their likes and dislikes in music which makes the world go round, but how sad to read some of these comments. Elvis Presley started out the same way with the same hate. Leave you with this Elvis Presley-Michael Jackson-Adam Lambert. ~Hatred is the madness of the heart.

March 12 2011 at 11:40 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
JAMES FAMILY

Did anybody notice Steven Tyler's reaction to Adam's performance. He barely clapped after the song and actually looked disgusted while Ryan was interviewing Adam. I get the impression that he is definitely not a big Adam fan.

March 12 2011 at 11:05 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
JAMES FAMILY

Adam looks so much better without the goth eyeliner. I think he confused so many people when he was on American Idol last year. A goth rocker gay guy? It just didn't click. I could care less about his sexual orientation. I like his single "What do you want from me" and wish the radio stations would play another song from him. I just thought his look was too overwhelming last year.

He is not a Clay Aiken. I used to love Clay's voice on American Idol. Bbut when I bought his CD, I couldn't listen to it. His lisp on his "s" sounds came on so strong that it actually hurt your ears and teeth! (like a chalkboard)

March 12 2011 at 11:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jemb8

Adam is one beautiful man!!!! His style is fabulous no matter which hat he is wearing! So much talent in one person, I wish him the very best in what ever he does, and hope he never falls into the "Hollywood Trap", Just be your wonderful self Adam!

March 11 2011 at 7:59 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
SUSIE

love Adam!

March 11 2011 at 7:56 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Sharon Miller Sulliv

Looks like by some of the comments is that there are some haters that came here to post hateful homophobic comments. Jealous?

March 11 2011 at 7:33 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply