September 2, 2014

Is 'No Ordinary Family' Canceled? Michael Chiklis Joins New Pilot

by Chris Harnick, posted Mar 10th 2011 10:35AM
Michael ChiklisThings aren't looking too super for ABC's 'No Ordinary Family.'

The series, which stars Michael Chiklis and Julie Benz, has been struggling in the Nielsen ratings. Now, Entertainment Weekly is reporting that former 'The Shield' star Chiklis has joined a new CBS comedy pilot.

The pilot, 'Vince Uncensored,' is executive produced by Conan O'Brien and follows a man who changes how he lives after a transformative experience. Chiklis's involvement in 'Vince' is in second position to 'No Ordinary Family.'

'No Ordinary Family' opened to a 10 million-plus audience, but quickly began shedding millions of viewers week after week. Its latest episode on March 1 was seen by 4.26 million viewers.

The superhero family series joins another ABC show on the bubble, 'Off the Map.' Two stars from the series, Martin Henderson and Rachelle Lefevre, have joined NBC's 'Reconstruction.' Their roles are also in second position.

LINDA

bring back "no ordinary family" - we've been watching it on Netflix and its awesome!

January 22 2012 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pilotd101

im mad they cancelled it tho

December 31 2011 at 7:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brandy Meres

I loved this show. I have been looking forward to seeing it. Some of the new shows they have coming are retarded. Im very disapointed. Bring it back

September 29 2011 at 10:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debra Moses

SO HURT TO FIND OUT THEY CANCELED THAT SHOW. PLEASE PUT IT BACK ON . I JUST HAPPEN TO LOOK AT IT AND STARTED WATCHING IT EVERY WEEK. NO ORDINARY FAMILY....BRING IT BACK..GOODBYE ABC.

September 23 2011 at 11:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debra Moses

I LOVED NO ORDINARY FAMILY THE SHOW IT WAS GREAT BETTER THAN THE REAL TV CRAP ON . AND I LOVE THE ACTORS YOUNG AND OLD I LOVED KYLE XY TWO.....BACK TO HALLMARK AND PIXL CHANNEL..

September 23 2011 at 11:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
peter ritchie

i find it normal the pepole who make the tv station there money have no say in the matter people get in to these shows and then they cancle them and put stupid shows on like the river or charlie angles come on that shows been beat to death oh lets have another reality show like my life isnt full of enough reality put the show back on or mabe the fall shows on abc will suck like they do and sombody will lose there job i will pray for that one and not watch abc this year good bye

September 22 2011 at 10:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ed

I have to agree this was a great show!! And you s#%t heads got it all wrong as usual. They have great family values. And just when things start picking up you leave all of us just hanging!! I say we boycott ABC!! Or. Just stop watching their shows!! You need a better way to advertise your show so the people can get a chance to really watch it and love the show. This really sucks. Well I guess I'll just watch the food network Chanel. Thanx for leaving us all hanging ABC!! Bring this show back I believe every show deserves a second chance. No Ordinary Family is a Great show!! Listen to us people. We know what we're talking about here. I mean it's bad enough that CBS has also Cancelled Ghost Whisper!! They too left us all hanging. And I am not a big reality show freak either.t

September 14 2011 at 1:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sjade

This was a great movie my family and I sat and watched it the kids really loved it. I guess its all about reality shows now, but theses seris will be miss. They should bring it back.

August 28 2011 at 9:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bballgirl4life

No Ordinary Family was appropriate for most audiences and had a cool plot line, without all of that blood and gore on other shows.... Plus jay jay was really cute! the show was just getting started and you didn't give it a chance..

August 02 2011 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
olympicglassinc

I will miss No orinary family my whole family would watch it together , it was a family favorite.

May 16 2011 at 4:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply