July 30, 2014

The Polygamy Game: TLC's 'Sister Wives' Take Our Marital Trivia Challenge (VIDEO)

by Maggie Furlong, posted Mar 14th 2011 9:00AM
The Brown family of TLC's 'Sister Wives'Most men have a hard enough time remembering special dates like anniversaries ... but imagine if you had four different anniversaries to remember.

That's the dilemma for Kody Brown, the polygamist patriarch of TLC's hit show 'Sister Wives' (Sundays, 9PM ET).

We decided to put Kody's memory to the test, over and over again, asking each of his four wives -- Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn -- some basic marital questions. Everything from their song to who's the better driver to their biggest hubby pet peeves, Kody then had to try to guess the correct answers.

Watch our fun 'Newlywed Game'-inspired video and see how well they did. You might just get a whole new perspective on polygamy from the family that's opened their multiple lives to a reality TV camera crew.

Curious about what's in store on 'Sister Wives' this season? Kody and the wives dish here.

Follow Maggie on Twitter @TheTVShowGirl

jodjacobson

I want to send my support to the whole Brown family you are all in my prayers. I may follow a different religion than you do but I truly believe that No One has the right to harrass or judge your family. This country was founded by people trying to leave their homelands for religious prosecution. This country is about freedom to choose your own path, not for others to choose it for you. I watched Kody crying in pain for what his family is going through and it touched my soul. I would do anything to keep my family from harm or tawnting from others, I believe Kody is doing the same for his family. It isn't fair the way people act, this family is only trying to make things better for their children and trying to open the eyes and minds of the single-minded. This family is trying to give their children a chance to live a life openly, something they were not able to do. Let them live their lives, I see great moms, a great dad, a wonderful family that has strong and sound family dynamics that work. Most american families are not a stable as they are. I tell you now if you ever end up in wisconsin I'll support you fully. Stay strong and keep loving one another Brown family!!
You are all beautiful people!! God is Proud of you!! "Love should be Shared Not Divided!" God Bless.

May 13 2011 at 1:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chalk

I COMPLETELY support the Brown Family and I hope that they are able to stay together as a family!!
The cops need to back off of them they are a loving family that is only following their beliefs!!
Just because they aren't followed by everyone doesn't make them wrong!!
I was raised in a family with 11 other siblings.....the difference is that my dad wasn't still married to my other siblings moms.
None of my siblings mothers treat any of the children any different than their own and we all call all of them "mom"
I wish that we could have all been raised under the same roof like the Browns so we could be closer to each other including our moms!!

May 11 2011 at 10:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
akacalgon55

The way I see it- Just leave them alone. It is obvious they are not practicing child brides. Each of the wives were over 18 when they got married to Cody and they were not forced into it. It also is clear to me that they are not going to force their children to live this life style if they do not choose to. Another point is if this country is becoming so tolerent of Gay couples and marriages it seems kinda of hypercritical to be against this family. After all isn't this what this boils down to-tolerance of different life styles. Now I am not saying in the least I condone this but they are not leading a cult type life that is enslaving their children-they are not on welfare and if companies would quit firing family members this family wants to support itself. Just leave them alone...they are not bad people just because they are not in the main stream of what most of us think is a normal family

March 28 2011 at 4:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
akacalgon55

March 28 2011 at 4:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
akacalgon55

March 28 2011 at 4:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pinkster88

I know some people have an issue with the show but I enjoy it because it's not like the show "Big Love" and although it's not something that is condoned by everyone, it's their life and it's not my place to judge it. I saw a preview of the show while I was at work and decided it was worth watching atleast one episode and every since then, I've been watching it. I work and subscribe to DISH Network so I get to watch this show and every other show that comes on TLC using the HD Free for Life promotion so I never have to worry about paying another penny to watch this show in the best quality possible. The HD Free for Life promotion is available to new and existing customers and wipes $120 off of your annual bill per year. It's available on the lowest basic package which is the America's Top 120 package which is something the competition doesn't offer. I love it and I am always recommending that people check DISH out and I am inviting anyone who comes across this post to experience a value unseen by any other TV provider!

*Danielle

March 27 2011 at 4:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diana

I think there is nothing wrong with what they are doing. They are all good parents to all the kids. And just because they came out. People are having a problem with it. But they were happy for all the year's before the show came out. I'm not of there faith but. I wish i had all the help they have in that family. Good luck to them and there kids.

March 19 2011 at 6:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Mae

I love the Browns, They are very good parents and sweet ppl.

March 18 2011 at 3:29 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
kaysaliar

My impression of the Browns is that they have many financial woes and "Sister Wives" is their best chance at dodging bankruptcy. I've heard so many polygamous women talk about how their "sister-wives are their best friends", and how the other wives help with the "babysitting". Imagine your best friends sleeping with your husband and then justifying it because you get free babysitting. Gad, talk about a cry for help! BANKING ON HEAVEN. Com

March 14 2011 at 9:09 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

Some people need different things I personally couldn't live with 3 other women in my house or even around me but I could live with more than one man. I have found the combination of 2 or 3 put together make the perfect man. I had one who took care of me financially but was always gone so I had to get another one for the sex I was lacking. Then another one to take me places on adventures the other 2 didnt like to do like grateful dead concerts. Although only the first 2 lived with me I loved them all equally and for different reasons.

March 14 2011 at 2:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply