September 2, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Joan Rivers Buys a House, But Not For Her on 'Joan and Melissa: Joan Knows Best?' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Mar 16th 2011 3:17AM
Joan Rivers, 'Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?'Joan Rivers definitely does whatever she sets her mind to do. At a nice picnic meal, she stood up on 'Joan and Melissa: Joan Knows Best?' (Tue., 9PM ET on WE) and announced that she'd bought a house.

Melissa was immediately excited, thinking that her mother could still be nearby but maybe not as close as living under the same roof. But Joan wasn't done with her announcement.

"I think it's so beautiful and light and big and what I thought I would do is I'm going to let you have that house," she said to a stunned Melissa.

"I appreciate the thought but I don't want a new house," Melissa said. But that's not going to stop Joan Rivers. When she decides on something she generally gets her way. She even has a strategy.

I just figure maybe I'll just live here," she said later in her confessional. "If I live here longer, she'll do what my other three husbands did. She'll run out screaming."

dc walker

Be careful Joan, I bought my daughter a car, a college education, a summer in Europe and she said I never did anything for her and hasn't called in nine years. I think the less you do for them they might appreciate you more.

March 16 2011 at 12:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vinny

two idiots....talk about mommies clone ech to them both

March 16 2011 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hattie54

I catch a few mins of the show but missed this part.I liked Joan in the old days.She was funny.I also liked her talk show she had from NY too.I find it sad she has gotten " meaner " at times but times are different now.I give her credit for " coming back" after her hubby Edgar died,when her career was shaky etc.I think Joan said her idol was Phyllis Diller.I adored Phyllis as a child.She was the only lady comedian around on TV then.

March 16 2011 at 9:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gee

Melissa know she's counting the days until Joan River-
" Croaks"
Or, dies under the knife of her 2,000th plastic surgery.

After all, She's her sole- heir...

March 16 2011 at 7:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna Auffarth

I guess that Joan hasn't figured out that her daughter is all grown up now. LOL. Seriously, this show is sooooo scripted. Anything for ratings. I find the mommy-daughter drama hilarious.

March 16 2011 at 6:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply