November 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Billy Ray Cyrus Backtracks on Controversial 'Hannah Montana' GQ Comments (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Mar 18th 2011 2:15PM
Billy Ray Cyrus Backtracks on 'Hannah Montana' CommentsOn 'The View' (weekdays, syndicated), Billy Ray Cyrus backtracked on comments he made in GQ Magazine where he stated that 'Hannah Montana' "destroyed" his family by sending daughter Miley on a self-destructive spiral, and by leading to his divorce from wife Tish.

"I love 'Hannah Montana.' I love Disney. I love our fans that's been with us throughout this whole show. This has been an incredible journey," said Billy Ray, in marked contrast to his GQ interview. "That didn't tear my family apart. Now, fame? Fame is a different animal."

Billy Ray also said he "dropped the divorce" from estranged wife Tish in an attempt to keep his family intact. "I'm not divorced. I dropped the divorce. I wanted to put my family back together," he said.

And, despite reports of tension following the GQ interview, Billy Ray said things between he and his daughter have never been better. "I feel like I kind of got my Miley back in a way," he said. "I feel like that we're the daddy and the daughter that we were before 'Hannah Montana' happened."

Watch the full episode here:

sadsfdfsfdgdf

>>>>2011<<< In order to thank the support of new and old customers,

there are a series of new products and has a surprise on offer

The bigger the amount is, the more favorable the price is!!!!!

Nike shox Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) Tshirts

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) Sunglasses

New era cap $15

March 20 2011 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lcsmall

Finally, now people may believe me when i tell them you cant trust what the media says only the actual person who they are writing about knows the truth!

March 20 2011 at 9:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
droofie

well I feel bad But i watch Hannah Montana i watch her every day

March 20 2011 at 7:38 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Hi, its me !!

Wow! He needs to be a politician, Obama may have an opening.............

March 19 2011 at 9:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cque8

Watch the interview. He had his own television show called "DOC". He had money and fame before "Hannah Montana". Very happy to hear his family is back together. I hope his daughter now realizes that family is more important than so called friends that will encourage you to do wrong. They are not real friends. She has the ability to act in more films, go to college, start foundations to help those less fortunate, and become more of a well rounded young woman and person whose good works would be imitated .

March 19 2011 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to cque8's comment
Janet

Finally, someone points out that Billy Ray had his music and his own TV show before his daughter ever became famous. He has endured the critics through the years and continues to be gracious and kind. I wish him well in keeping his family together. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be when they are under a spotlight constantly. And he even went on "The View" - another show of how courageous he is! And he looks better than ever! Give the guy some credit!

March 20 2011 at 1:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
englandsgirl

All daddy and daughter care about is the big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ they could care less about the fans or disney ...

March 19 2011 at 12:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
168827529

People who don't know anything about the subject shouldn't comment. Calling Billy Ray Cyrus a "one hit wonder" shows how little rangerleroy knows about him.

March 19 2011 at 8:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to 168827529's comment
mtlamar

Just because you have the hots for him, it doesn't mean he's a superstar. There's only one song by Billy Ray that the average person on the street could name.

March 19 2011 at 10:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rangerleroy

I guess Disney & MIley both reminded him which side his one-hit-wonder bread is buttered on.

March 18 2011 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply