December 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Viral Video Star Rebecca Black Responds to Criticism on 'GMA' (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Mar 18th 2011 1:45PM
Viral Video Star Rebecca Black Responds to Critcism on 'GMA'Rebecca Black, the 13-year-old singer whose video, 'Friday,' has gone viral with more than 16 million views on YouTube, responded to the recent flurry of heavy criticism waged against her on 'Good Morning America' (weekdays, 7AM on ABC).

Black and her song have been repeatedly bashed on the Internet over the past week, with jabs taken at the teen's singing ability and the song's simplistic lyrical content. Example: "Kickin' in the front seat / Sittin' in the back seat / Gotta make my mind up / Which seat can I take?"

Black said the outpouring initially troubled her, but she's since come to terms with it. "When I first saw all these nasty comments, I did cry," she said. "I felt like this was my fault and I shouldn't have done this, and this is all because of me. Now, I don't feel that way."

When asked to provide an opinion on her voice, Black replied, "I think I have talent on some level. I don't think I'm the worst singer, but I don't think I'm the best singer."

Amy Sanchez

I watched a lot viral videos in wally.tv .They are more hilarious. Such as sperm bank, ANGRY BIRDS theme, Jeff Dunham Achmed. You can take a look that will enlighten your gloomy day.

May 29 2011 at 9:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amy Sanchez

May 29 2011 at 9:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tblondie1826

Honestly I watched it because so many people bashed it and it isn't just the lyrics...I've heard covers and some people made it sound good. It's the singing talent. She sounded better talking here then in the auto-tuned song. Rebecca if you want to sing then sing. But auto-tune is NOT singing. People are upset because there are tons of talented undiscovered teens who deserve a shot and you were chosen. So prove us wrong and sing. Sing and prove you are worthy of not being ridiculed. 13 or 99 we all have dreams, and talent is a huge part of it. So don't cry, practice and actually sing your heart out. Sing a song without auto-tune. Maybe people will like your REAL voice.

~Tara

March 20 2011 at 10:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
janesat

Who is this? Kathy who?

March 20 2011 at 12:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cr777cr

It is very simple. If you don't like it don't watch it. What have you got to offer?
This kind of bullying makes me want her to be successful even if she isn't Celine Dion.

March 20 2011 at 9:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stacy

give the girl a break, you dont have to insult her, just dont watch it!

March 19 2011 at 12:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kvcullen

Points off for not having a link to her YouTube music video so we can see for ourselves just how "bad" her video is or isn't. Searched YouTube under "Friday" and "Rebecca Black" separately and came up empty. Glad to see she's not crying over this (anymore anyway) and seems to be rolling with the punches. If you can't take criticism, you shouldn't be trying to get in the music business anyway (HELLO! - Simon Cowell anyone)?! But she's only 13 this now telling where she'll go.

March 19 2011 at 12:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lilymooncakesxo

At least we know that she sucks live too. Not just autotune. It's not cyber bullying! It's the DANG TRUTH! :oD

March 19 2011 at 4:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nysepete

for just 1 second -- i felt bad for this girl. then she admitted to bieber fever - and i think she deserves all the ridicule she can get

March 18 2011 at 4:13 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply