October 24, 2014

CBS Wants Charlie Sheen Back on 'Two and a Half Men' ... If He Makes Nice

by Joel Keller, posted Mar 21st 2011 3:51PM
Charlie SheenIf the prospect of 'Two and a Half Men' without Charlie Sheen seemed like a weird idea to you, then be assured that the folks at CBS were likely tying their stomachs in knots thinking about the same thing.

How do we know? Because apparently CBS wants Sheen to come back to 'Men,' with network honcho Les Moonves personally spearheading the negotiations to get him back.

"Moonves wants to get the show back on the air. He's all for it," a network insider told Radar Online. "He says certain people need to forget anything and everything Charlie's done recently and just move on with the business at hand."

Basically, he wants his underlings at CBS and the folks at Warner Bros., the studio that produces the show and fired Sheen earlier this month, to repair the fractured relationship between Sheen and producer Chuck Lorre. Jeff Rossen of NBC, whom Sheen called a "rock star" after their infamous interview, confirmed the negotiations from Sheen's side.

With buckets of money on the line -- not the least of which is the $100 million lawsuit Sheen filed against WB and Lorre -- it's pretty easy to try to let bygones be bygones in Hollywood. While a changed 'Men' might limp through a ninth and maybe even a 10th season, a Sheen-less show would not be nearly as attractive to advertisers and local stations bidding on the syndication rights.

There are still plenty of hoops that will need to be jumped through in order for this deal to happen, but the powers that be may have seen Sheen sell out his stage show -- including a night at the 6,000-seat Radio City Music Hall in New York -- and realized that even a loopy Sheen still has drawing power.

Stay tuned...

Paulo Filgueiras

I'm from Brasil and i have wach all of the shows size two and a half man started, and i want Charlie sheen back, this is his show and it is not good without him... if someone that really care about what we want, please get charlie back.

September 28 2011 at 6:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sachfoxo

Make Nice he should have kicked you you know where....that is CHARLIES SHOW you know who cut every ones throte was Chuck Lorre what a putz your show is OVER with out charlie, you messed up , no one wants to see rob lowe as charlie " hey Chuch c. I hope your bosses see the mistake YOU made it will cost you hundreds of millions you lost !!!!! face it shut up already and let charley make someone else rich . Lets kick some one that keeps coming up with good thing Down.....

April 29 2011 at 12:45 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Holly

I used to like the show even though it had no class but it was funny. I'm just not sure I'd watch it anymore knowing too much about him as a person. And, I don't think it's good for him to think all he has to do is drop a hint that he wants to go back without even a slap on the wrist. I don't think I will, personally, be able to forget what a brat he has been. I'm not sure I'd even watch the reruns now. Just a word to the producers that it shouldn't be so easy for him to do what he has done and said what he has said and he will be back in everyone's good graces.

April 24 2011 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ellen Holskey-Lee

I say WHY NOT...I LOVE this show & it won't last or be the same without him...and I feel bad for the rest of the cast & their jobs...so I say BRING HIM BACK!

April 13 2011 at 11:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
null

After read'g some of these statements on here.....a thought came to me; NOW WOULDN'T IT BE A REAL KICK IN THE KAZOO IF THIS WAS ALL AN ACT BETWEEN CHARLIE N PRODUCERS.........stranger things than this has happened b 4...

April 06 2011 at 12:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
grandangels4x

will NOT watch if charlie returns. Vote NO for Charlie. !

March 29 2011 at 10:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
grandangels4x

will NOT watch if charlie returns. Vote NO for Charlie. !

March 29 2011 at 10:19 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
mroneoftheguys

If you seen one show of Two and a Half Men....You've seen them all....Sheen a doper on drugs....CBS a doper on Money....both sick and need to move on.....America loves to watch a train wreck....cars racing in hopes to see some crashes....people falling down in big cities due to bad weather.....and now Sheen in hopes of seeing him crash......Shame on CBS for playing his game for money.......................

March 29 2011 at 6:38 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
tajjaramey12

bring him back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 28 2011 at 11:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SubcommanderTRAP

Oh that is just wonderful...do one,no many things that are immoral and abuse and you get rewarded with more money and your show back? Nice message we are sending to our children. Reward loose morals. Greed is good and abusing people and hurting yourself is fine if you're funny. Well, I stopped watching Two and half men and will continue to not watch it. I respect myself even if TPTB at CBC don't care about morals.

March 27 2011 at 10:53 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply