November 20, 2014

Charlie Sheen Needs Warner Bros. Approval to Return to 'Two and a Half Men'

by Catherine Lawson, posted Mar 22nd 2011 8:45AM
Charlie SheenWe reported yesterday how CBS is keen to lure Charlie Sheen back to 'Two and a Half Men' if a deal can be done. Now comes word that any possible deal hinges on Warner Bros., the studio who actually makes the comedy, agreeing to have Sheen back.

Plus, amid rumors that Sheen's been meeting with other networks to discuss his future, Mark Cuban, billionaire owner of HDNet, has thrown his hat into the ring and says he and Sheen are in talks about doing a reality TV series.

Jeff Rossen, the NBC 'Today' reporter who landed the first TV interview with Sheen to air since the controversy started, Tweeted Monday that, "To be clear, there are 2 companies involved. Sources say, CBS would be happy to take Charlie back, but he still needs to reach [a] deal with WB."

According to 'People,' Warner Bros. may not be as keen to welcome Sheen back into the fold as CBS boss, Les Moonves, is. Asked if a deal with the actor is likely, a source told the magazine "I don't see that happening."

So what about a Charlie Sheen reality TV series instead? (Wow. Just wrap your mind around that for a second.)

Mark Cuban told 'Access Hollywood' that "What we do with Charlie will be interesting to see. ... You know, Charlie's a smart guy and I don't think he's getting nearly as much credit as he deserves for just how much he's manipulating the media and those around him to his benefit and I think that would make a good reality show. So, we're going to talk some more. Nothing's finalized but we're going to talk some more."

Cuban added that, "Charlie's got a vision. Charlie knows how he's going to execute on his vision. And as long as he doesn't have some people around him giving and him taking some bad advice, then he's going to continue to be in great shape," he continued.

He also said that HDNet could be involved in the actor's upcoming 'Violent Torpedo of Truth' live tour.

"We can tape and broadcast his tour, we can broadcast that live into theaters. We could do a movie. We could put it on DVD ... That's where my mind is going but at the end of the day, it's going to be Charlie's call. We haven't made any final commitments."

biermans

I just wish that wb would hire charlie back. Maybe Alan can wake up out of a coma from a serious accident and it was all a bad dream. Bring him back. This new one isnt good at all. The ratings are gonna drop so bad. I dont even watch it anymore. Ashton sucks. He will never take the place of Charlie Harper...ever!!!!! Let him go back to his cougar.

October 18 2011 at 9:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ternitwellbo

i think charlie should get another chance no matter what the show is good i loves the show and between charlie, the mother, the housekeeper and his nephew they make the show intresting you gotta love it, okay he's not perfect but who is the media gets a hefty check to get in your buisness and they more they can ruffle rather true or false the bigger the check at the end of the day thats all it's about . and the only solution to that is never let your right hand know what the left is doing. honestly charlie seems to be very buisnesss smart and not alot of addicts as they wanna say can do that sooooo mums the word charlie after all this is over we love you as your fans but the smiles will come when we see n'hear you being the great dad u seems to be. doing u privately .raising those handsome young men. and lovely ladies .making life a little easier for them. one day they too will grow up so get out of the media with negitivity and stay with the positivity .and for those who criticize feed them out a long handle spoon u understand. people can not do any more than u allow so there it is. cant wait to see u back i know the ratings will go far u are the show.

April 13 2011 at 11:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
translucent

Wow, Mark Cuban. I used to really respect you. Kudos to you since you think you can afford to insure him, but I guess the fact he SHOT Kelly Preston when he was engaged to her and has been violent to several women since then apparently doesn't matter a damn ...

March 23 2011 at 3:11 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Diane

I don't know what Charlie Sheen will decide to do or what WB will do. I just want him back on TV. I prefer him to be on 2 1/2 men, but I will watch him on whatever it turns out to be. For those of you that think he's a dumb drug addict. Well, I think he's crazy like a fox. He's smart enough to succeed at whatever he choose to do. Since the firing from the show, I can tell you that he's still making money and staying in the spot light, as well as he should.
I also do not believe that he is an addict. I think every once in a while, he decides to party down, but sometimes it just gets out of hand! I do not think he drinks and drugs all the time. Just my opinion!

March 22 2011 at 9:56 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Diane's comment
translucent

"I also do not believe that he is an addict."

Well, just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it isn't true.

Also, I'm going to guess the fact he shot Kelly Preston when he was engaged to marry her, and he's been involved with several domestic violence squabbles since then doesn't matter to you at all.

There's a word for what women like you do when you approve of men like this with comments like that: Girl-on-girl crime.

March 23 2011 at 3:15 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
alfredschrader

I had these problems until I discovered my mentor: Roseanne Barr...

March 22 2011 at 8:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
racurrry

He can't go back until he's done swallowing his nuts ! He didn't like the show or his co-workers so what's the point. I thought that it was the best show on TV until he went crazy. Could now care less if he ever comes back.

March 22 2011 at 7:41 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
fightingator

Hey Charlie, you are very Talented but all the TV reports and the Internex bull **** is over the top. I hae three things that i would suggest.
One is very simple spent the time that you may have left with your Kids and close Family.
Two is walk out of this while you are still on top with class and not all this media Hype.
Third is your talent,and there offers,right now don't jump at the first offer,and last i understand your handlers need to be changed.Hey it's not rocket science.I'm not looking for money but I am looking at Times Square,Madison Square garden.

March 22 2011 at 7:10 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
bellewatling1957

No, Mark, Charlie's got a coke problem. A fool and his money are soon parted according to the old adage. Guess you'd be the fool, huh, Mark?

March 22 2011 at 7:04 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
fpbotag

Charlie Sheen has a fried brain.

March 22 2011 at 6:57 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
bartandyc

Who cares about this crp, all this is about advertising billions, money the consumer has been forced to pay for them to waste the fake world of tv, for those that need fake personalities to bolster their fake, lost souls ... keep making babies people they need your childrens money too

March 22 2011 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply