October 26, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Chris Brown Awkwardly Avoids Rihanna Questions on 'GMA' (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Mar 22nd 2011 11:15AM
Chris Brown Avoids Question on Rihanna on 'GMA'On 'Good Morning America' (weekdays, 7AM ET on ABC), Chris Brown avoided questions on his domestic violence incident with Rihanna, and instead tried to turn the conversation toward his new album 'F.A.M.E.'

When Robin Roberts asked about the current status of his restraining order, Brown replied, "It's not really a big deal to me now as far as that situation. I think I'm past that in my life and, I think, today's the album day so that's what I'm focused on."

Brown likewise declined to comment on how dealt with the seriousness of the incident. "I've been focusing on this album, you know? I think this album is what I want people to hear and people to get into," he said. "So, definitely this album is what I want them to talk about and not the stuff that happened two years ago."

Although Brown was outwardly composed during the interview, Roberts' questions apparently got the better of him, causing the singer to later fly into a rage in his dressing room. Brown allegedly broke a window, sending shattered glass to the street below, then removed his shirt and confronted a 'GMA' producer, according to Popeater.

Katara Vereen

leave the man alone and let him go on with his life and mind your on business and that is what ABC get keep there dum qusetion to there self and mind your business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 29 2011 at 7:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ciante' Hutt

Wow. Robin Really? Everything Is Going Fantasictic For Chris, & And You Have To Throw That 09' incident back in his face?? His Album Is Out And Its Epic, He Looks &Sounds Amazing, He's Putin Out Hit After Hit, He's Back Ans Better Than Ever! Soyeah it was more than rude for you to ask him about that.He's Over It, Rhiannas Over It, GET OVER IT! You Deff Didn't Have No Right To Ask Him That And I Hope You Read This Robin.
-Ciante' H.

March 24 2011 at 5:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marilyn and Gene

Chris should have never been on GMA as you can ses he really has Anger problems and can
blow is mouth off at anytime. Now you people at ABC still want him on DWTS. Well you lost one
fan I know of. Good luck ABC

March 23 2011 at 12:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lewisgal128

I LOVE ROBIN ROBERTS. SHE WAS ONE OF THE FIRST PEOPLE CHRIS SPOKE TO IN AN INTIMATE INTERVIEW SHORTLY AFTER THE INCIDENT, SHE'S BEEN TO HIS HOME; I DON'T KNOW WHY SHE THOUGHT THERE WAS A NEED TO MENTION RHIANNA. ROBIN, I WAS DISAPPOINTED IN YOU. STILL LOVE YOU, GIRL! LET THE YOUNG MAN GET ON WITH HIS LIFE PEOPLE, PLEASE.

March 23 2011 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wjbmc

Why don't we leave the guy alone and get on with our own lives. Robin Roberts just kept pushing him and ABC got what they deserved.

March 23 2011 at 11:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kghengis

Chris could have seriously hurt someone with falling broken glass. The man's, strike that, the little punk has major
issues to make an understatement!!

March 23 2011 at 11:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Troy L. Canady

Please leave this man alone let the past go. Rihanna put her hands on him first, so she is the one with the problem. Rihanna want to act like a man and put your hands on a man she deserved to get her ASS kicked. Stay in a womans place and that incident would have been avoided!

March 23 2011 at 11:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Na'ima

I can't see why folks want to keep harping on Chris's past with Rihanna. Leave the past in the past and let the kid move on geez, how many times does he have to apologize!

March 23 2011 at 11:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Keyona Johnson

i agree with Kathy ....he haven't changed....I don't think anybody is hating on him...he needs help....breaking a window .....that's shows he has anger management issues..I get mad at things but not to the point where I'm going to break a window....

March 23 2011 at 10:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbra Davis

that's the problem with ppl they don't mind they own business, it is time to move on it wouldnt fase anyone if the same **** keep happening to them ( god is his judge ) if we all remember that , there is no need for us to worry about him he will rise again everyboby doesnt but i will pray that chris find's peace before being push off the edge .... by what is over and just let it go.. RIHANNA is doing things too but who knows what happen in that car i know how women are cause i can get mad about anything i do mean fast and my man he know's so get back and let the man be a man again sorry chris but this what come's with it your be alright just believe the hater will die out.... but that's your biggest fans THE HATER.......

March 23 2011 at 9:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply