September 19, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Eric Balfour Is an Animal Out to Destroy the Powells on 'No Ordinary Family' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Mar 23rd 2011 6:19AM
'No Ordinary Family' - 'No Ordinary Animal'O Eric Balfour! How we miss you on 'Haven' even more when you turn in cheesy performances like this one on 'No Ordinary Family' (Tue., 8PM ET on ABC). Balfour was a beastly villain complete with bizarre claws, fangs and super-scary eyes.

He also apparently has super-strength to match Jim Powell's, which is bad for Jim. At least for awhile.

We understand that 'Family' is trying to be a somewhat light-hearted take on the superhero genre, and we even applauded the idea when the season began. But we didn't mean for it to start looking like a Syfy Saturday original movie.

C'mon, you know that's exactly what this fight scene made you think of.

Neither Balfour nor Michael Chiklis looked natural in their movements, and the whole thing was a special effects-laden mess. It's weird to think that in a supernatural/superhero show like this, we actually miss the quiet moments when the actors are just talking to one another.

Watch the full episode here:

r3turner

A good family show and you take it off the air... once again no wonder CBS kicks your butts!!! NO MORE REALITY SHOWS!!!!

May 14 2011 at 5:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
caroll madden

I really liked "no Ordinary Family" I guess all we will be getting is reality shows and stupid sitcoms YUCK!

May 14 2011 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
boxoven2

Really enjoyed this new series, even though it is geting a little "out there" with creating new villians. It nice to have a science fiction family show rather than all these "reality" shows. Didn't like Charlies Angels and probably will not watch the new version and I will definitely not watch Good Christian Bitches no matter what its retitled. I guess I will spend more time on the cable channels like Discover, A&E, SciFi and History. The networks are just too "out there".

May 14 2011 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rig on rig out

The show would went another year if they didn't start putting evil villians Iooking like vampires.
I thought "NO ORDINARY FAMILY" only be fighting bad guys, thugs, gangbangers etc.. Damn 'no ordinary family' Writers......really would miss see Kay Panabaker the Most.

And why is this george clooney picture above me still posted.... Remind me like a damn Gay!..&^%&*(%##

May 14 2011 at 10:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pinkster88

I've seen this episode and I thought it was very eventful, just like every other episode. I know the show is receiving a ton of negative criticism but I enjoy it. Recently, I've been been missing episodes but since I work and subscribe to DISH Network, I know that it's online at DISHonline.com. You don't even have to sign in to watch most of the content unless you wanted to watch the premium content. I love it and I am always recommending that people check out DISH Network and experience a value unseen by any other provider!

*Danielle

April 07 2011 at 4:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
helene0725

so sick of Kate Gosslin hope TLC kicks her off for good tyhe kids need a normmal life and with her using them for money is just terrible and we all know it so sick of her and she treated her husband like dirt

March 24 2011 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply