October 1, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

NeNe Leakes Calls Star Jones 'Manipulative, Conniving' on 'Ellen' (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Mar 23rd 2011 10:00AM
NeNe Leakes Calls Star Jones a 'Disaster' on 'Ellen'NeNe Leakes pulled no punches while discussing her 'Celebrity Apprentice' co-star Star Jones on 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' (weekdays, syndicated). Although Leakes admitted that she and Jones are "OK" at the moment, she didn't do much to quell their ongoing, very-public war of words.

Without hesitation, Leakes described Jones as domineering and devious. "I don't think she's easy to get along with. She's a tough girl," she said. "She is bossy. She's manipulative, conniving. And I'm not even being funny. I think that is real. I honestly think that is who she is."

Leakes said she made an honest attempt to have a relationship with Jones at the start of the reality show, but Jones made it difficult. "I tried to get to know her. Some people are difficult to get to know," said Leakes. "She is a disaster."

Visit 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' here.

Babs

‘Celebrity Apprentice’ contestants and Trump exhibit bad workplace behavior
By Michelle Singletary
Donald Trump may be famous for telling people they’re fired, but it’s he who should be getting the boot. It’s not just because of his unsubstantiated claims that President Obama was not born in the U.S., but because the man is a bad manager.

I confess. I watch NBC’s “Celebrity Apprentice.” I’m not a fan of Trump and all his bombastic boasting, which recently has faced increased scrutiny. But I’m intrigued by the working dynamics among the celebrity contestants who compete to raise money for their favorite charities. Anybody that has ever collaborated on a project with others knows how frustrating it can be when so many personalities are forced to interact.

This past Sunday’s episode featuring the smack down between NeNe Leakes, one of Bravo’s “Real Housewives of Atlanta,” and Star Jones, former co-host of “The View,” that showed just how badly Trump manages.

In front of a client, Leakes acted like a thug. If this is your kind of thing, you have to read EW’s recap. Leakes invaded Jones space big time, looking as if she was going to punch Jones in the face. She was verbally abusive, saying, "You talked a good game, now bring your street game because that's what I'm bringing."

And what did Trump do while Leakes was using profanity while attacking a co-worker?

Nothing.

He didn’t admonish Leakes for threatening a teammate. He didn’t apologize to the client for his failure to control Leakes. He just stood there with his bad combover waiting for Leakes to stop. Whether in real life or a reality show, you never act out like that in front of a client.

Yes, yes, I know, it’s TV. Trump wants the fireworks to boost ratings. Still, Trump needed to shut down Leakes (or maybe he’s scared of her, too).

So let’s put this in a personal finance context. How many of you have worked with someone like Leakes? You know the type. They claim they just “tell it like it is,” say “I keep it real,” or give the disclaimer that “I’m just being honest.”

That’s a bald-faced lie. For many folks, what they consider “keeping it real” or “telling it like it is” translates to just being mean and nasty.

So here’s the Color of Money Question for the Week: Have you worked with a NeNe Leakes? If so, tell me how you handled the situation. Send you comments to colorofmoney@washpost.com. In the subject line, put “Celebrity Apprentice.”

May 05 2011 at 10:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Babs

NeNe is a joke. She's a wanna be with no tact. Star may be manipulative, but she's a lawyer by trade. Isn't that what lawyers do? NeNe can't hold a candle to Star. Does she think all that loud ghetto talk is cute? No, she looks like a fool.

May 05 2011 at 10:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Topher

I'd take three NeNe's over a Star Jones anyday. Anyone who's watched Star knows she's one manipulative hussy (to one of Ms. Dionne's words), and so far there hasn't been one moment where Star's brain has been reeling to figure out ways to win the apprentice.
Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you, because that's what the show thrives on.
Still, it's a shame to see people like Dionne Warwick trying to use her rep - old and tarnished as it is - to get her way. It's no wonder that she and Star got close quick. I look at Warwick, and I think, "She could use a few lessons from Joan Rivers." Dionne showed herself as having no class, no grace, and to be perfectly honest, someone I wouldn't hesitate to put in her place.
She calls one woman a "hussy" and then tells Nene she's a coward? Bull! Warwick tried to play the same game on Donald that she played with the women, only it backfired. She forgot the one key rule of business, "you can't manipulate someone who doesn't need you."
So between her and Star, I really feel that both women lack class. And Star may have a handle on how to "display" class, it only takes time to see through that veneer and recognize her for what she is, " a woman with an axe to grind and a need to prove that she's all that and a bag of chips.
Trust me. She'll never be invited to Oprah, and at this point, neither will Dionne.
Nene, just drop the Star talk and move on. I'm pretty sure you hanging out with her husband is to hurt her, but trust me, you don't need to get down that far to prove your point. Just look around and see it for yourself. Even "The View" won't talk about her. Donald was on The View and there wasn't one word!

March 27 2011 at 11:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Butterfly

I think Nene is jealous of Star or why else would she let Star consume so much of her thoughts and time?

March 27 2011 at 6:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Max

@Imfsyrny, what da*m personality does NeNe Leakes have? Pleeze! Always jumping her Loud Ghetto azz in somebody's face til they cut her down like a tree bearing Rotten fruit! She's just a big azz, Ugly, big teeth capped, no talent, former stripper, who looks like a transvestite! The reason why she keeps ragging on Star is why else would anybody have her on their show? I mean she's Ghetto to the Max and as far as the so called tender moment you thought she was having with her son, she was pushing him to get a job because she knew she was heading for divorce and she was going to whine up taking care of him bum azz. If she would use all the time and energy that she puts forth bashing Star into getting an education or learning a REAl skill, maybe someone would have some respect for her. And I mean really, a Good mother would not subject themselves to a realtiy show and then act the way she does. She's a mother alright, just not the type you thinking of.

March 25 2011 at 10:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lmfsyrny

Please people, most of the so-called "celebrities" out there are famous for nothing! Ne-Ne is no worse than Paris or Kim, but I think she has a lot more personality. I never thought that much of her (or any of the Housewifes) until I saw the episode that had her talking to her oldest son about growing up, being a man, and taking responsibility for his own life. It was honest and real from a mother to her kid when he needed a good kick in the pants.

March 24 2011 at 4:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
darkfaiis

My issue is that these women come on these talks shows talking behind star's back but no one has the balls to confront her about it! I've not seen NeNe confront Star once. In fact she seems to be doing some serious ass kissing. Maybe more will happen.

I don't like Star because no, not everyone has to be manipulative. Last year there were nicer competitors and it was still an intense show. All these women and men bring to the program this year is trash minus a few competitors.

March 23 2011 at 9:59 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
geisslerrosel

NeNe is country drunken Ghetto...she has nothing, if not a foul mouth, she's a fricken NOBODY, should tend to her kids who are going down the wrong road,,,,put her big arse into rehab and disappear..noone needs NENE Leaks, she truly represents Ghetto woman.

March 23 2011 at 3:52 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
JIM

You HAVE to be conniving and manipulative to be on CELEBRITY APPRENTICE, dumb NeNe. Poor NeNe always plays the martyr and everybody has it out for her. Please. NeNe Leakes needs to check her own bitter, divorced, angry self---she forgets how hideous her behavior was on THE REAL HOUSEWIVES. Clean up your own backyard first, before you start throwing trash around.

March 23 2011 at 3:36 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply