August 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Chris Brown Apologizes for 'GMA' Rampage, Says He Was 'Letting Off Steam' (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Mar 24th 2011 11:45AM
Chris Brown Apologizes for 'GMA' Rampage, Says He Was 'Letting Off Steam'Chris Brown apologized on '106 & Park' for going on a rampage following a 'Good Morning America' (weekdays, 7AM ET on ABC) interview where he was asked questions about former girlfriend Rihanna. 'GMA' played the apology as well as an official response from ABC News this morning.

"I want to apologize to anybody who was startled in the office, anybody who was offended or really looked disappointed at my actions, because I was disappointed in the way I acted," said Brown.

Brown said he and 'GMA' agreed to discuss specific topics that didn't include his domestic violence incident. ABC News, however, denied this claim in their official statement that read: "Chris Brown was invited on 'Good Morning America' to perform and to be interviewed. There were no talking points offered."

Brown said that when the interview turned toward Rihanna, he started to feel "exploited." "I felt like it was like, 'OK, they told us this just so they could get us on the show to exploit me.' That's what I thought. And, so, I took it very, very hard," he said.

From there, Brown returned to his dressing and broke a window, which he described as an attempt to "release the anger" he felt. "When I got back, I just let off steam ... I didn't physically hurt anyone and I didn't try to hurt anyone. I just wanted to release the anger that I had inside," he said.

Christopher Wallace

I totally agree with you ANGELA, I wish people would let it go, I mean dam its the past and everybody isn't perfect, and we all make mistake in life and another thing we all know what pressure feels like and for someone to keep pressuring you about the same thing over and over the fact that it was 2 years ago I"M PRETTY SURE you would blow up and a nutcase way!!!!!!!!!

March 27 2011 at 9:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angela

Let me also point out that the media is always saying how he has anger issues..yeah he broke a window, no one got hurt (GUDD) but out of all these people passing judgement who actually has went the mile 2 help this yung man...I'll wait 4 a responce.........still waiting........still waiting...that'z what i thought

March 27 2011 at 7:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angela

Y do they keep bringing up the fact that Chris Brown hit Rihanna..yeah he admitted it and he apologized 4 it but reality check everyday thousands of women around the world are being beat by their boyfriends, husbands, fathers, brothers or complete strangers but no body putting them on blast damn give the man a break...He ain't the 1st to do it and he won't be the last.

March 27 2011 at 7:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
abovedaclouds78

the kids obviously a jerk with anger issues that need to be resolved, and having a little change in his pocket is not helping him to think clearly. he's acting like a spoiled brat. but stop with the sneaky racist comments "he's a rapper and black"what the **** that got to do with it. white rock stars,actors **** up daily hell look at charlie sheen useless ass

March 26 2011 at 9:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
abovedaclouds78

March 26 2011 at 9:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
acnp07

Just leave the boy alone my goodnesssssssss!

March 25 2011 at 11:29 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
PETEY

arrogant,uneducated,untalented,loser!

March 24 2011 at 9:42 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
ridinggirl

Low class thug, no talent..........

March 24 2011 at 7:37 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
nama holston

This 'kid' should grow up! He is a brat!

March 24 2011 at 6:15 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Dee

I wish people would leave this young man alone and let him get on with making music and living a positive life.
Why can't we just put the past in the past and forgive him and also realize that he is young and is a big enough person to apologize to GMA. I am praying for him because he is extremely talented and I hope he will finally be at peace with himself.

March 24 2011 at 4:19 PM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Dee's comment
Kim Akins

We might have forgiven him if he hadn't raised the fact that he is still a man with anger issues by breaking the window out at ABC. That is not the sign of someone who have learned how to appropriately deal with frustration. If tha's how he is because he got asked a couple of questions (that his people pre-approved) then what would he do if he was really challenged by a woman not on camera? I
Big enough to apologize? what about big enough not to tear up other people's stuff?

March 24 2011 at 5:07 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply