November 28, 2014

FX Cancels 'Lights Out'

by Chris Harnick, posted Mar 24th 2011 3:59PM
Lights Out CanceledFX has KO'ed its freshman boxing drama 'Lights Out,' Entertainment Weekly reports.

The series debuted in January to 1.5 million viewers, but numbers declined steadily. The March 22 episode was seen by just under 700,000 viewers.

Holt McCallany, Pablo Schreiber and Stacy Keach headlined the boxing drama.

'Lights Out' received generally favorable reviews, however our own Maureen Ryan called it "frustratingly uneven," but it had "its moments."

FX gave the series a good amount of publicity, but the show failed to grab an audience in the competitive Tuesday 10PM time slot.

'Lights Out' joins critically acclaimed one-season-wonder 'Terriers' in FX's canceled shows graveyard.

Tell us: Will you miss 'Lights Out'?

vlc082771

BRING BACK LIGHTS !!! Finally get a decent show about something other than the normal variety. Too many cops, dead bodies, reality, bones, guns, detectives, etc. Give us something NEW, Give us "Lights Back"......

October 25 2011 at 11:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cammiejoy

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL LIGHTS OUT...IT IS ONE OF OUR FAVORITE SHOWS ON TV... HOW CAN YOU CANCEL ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TV?? IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!

April 20 2011 at 3:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MrCEaton

What a shame! I like this show and the actors!

April 05 2011 at 2:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sign Mine, Inc.

I look forward to Tuesday nights for Lights Out. This is a big loss! I hope there's a reconsideration.

March 30 2011 at 4:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LaNeshe

I will miss it!!

March 30 2011 at 10:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris & Jim

I will miss Lights Out!
This was the best new show I've seen in years

March 30 2011 at 6:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andrew

How can I contact FX you know to write them a letter we should all write to the FX netwrok company and let them know our thoughts abotu the decisions that they are making. Who else thinks that way? fell free to comment on my question.

March 27 2011 at 5:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andrew

Wow it's just like FX to cancell out the dest shows and keep the crapy shows on man I really enjoyed the FX series lights out I was really hoping that they would have had a couple seasons to them they should bring back ed romeo I think the show had more views when he was on the show.

March 27 2011 at 5:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KLLPIANO

Yes, I will miss this show, also. I loved Terrier, too.........what is going on with FX that they don't back their great shows??? Bummer!!!

March 26 2011 at 6:31 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
oremac216

Are they Crazy? Lights Out is a great show.Come on FX wake upp and give the show another Season. i'm hooked and want to see where the story goes!

March 26 2011 at 4:45 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply