September 2, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Penelope Cruz Describes Johnny Depp's Fart Machine Pranks on 'Blow' Set (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Mar 25th 2011 5:00AM
Penelope Cruz Talks Johnny Depp on 'Kimmel'Did you know Johnny Depp owns a fart machine? We did not -- though apparently he's had it for at least a decade, and Penélope Cruz assumed everyone knew about it.

She discovered it while working with Depp on 'Blow' in 2001. "I was doing a very dramatic closeup," Cruz recalled on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (weeknights, 12AM ET on ABC). Using a remote control, "he kept making that sound with the machine ... I was just thinking I hope they are not thinking it's me! And Johnny was [standing] there with a straight face."

The actors recently worked together again on 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.' Cruz, now was wise to the prank, watched Depp fool producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Rob Marshall.

Watch Penelope Cruz's full interview here:

meimei

wow!I found your blog via ws sign Google and I just wanted to say that I believe your writing is just stunning! Thanks again with regard to providing this content for free.

March 27 2011 at 11:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott Law

A FART MACHINE

March 25 2011 at 3:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bugaloosnana

Wait a tic, I thought the article was about Johnny Depp being a prankster. Why can't you people get over Charlie Sheen and talk about something else? He's a role model to nobody, not even to his own kids. He's an egotistical jerk. Get off the subject of Charlies for Christs sake!

March 25 2011 at 1:32 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
bcanning10

hes nothing but a worthless father and i have 5 kids and i sure dont act like that if i had the money and the resources like him man i would thank god not tiger blood.

March 25 2011 at 1:04 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
alafuen

I believe the media should stop posting anything in regards to Charlie Sheen..He is old news and everyone needs to move on

March 25 2011 at 11:46 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Steve

When you have that much money, nothng or no one matters.

March 25 2011 at 11:43 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
chasesea

I pray he doesn't get his kids back...not that his loser ex-wife is a bargain, but at least she doesn't live with muliple men.

March 25 2011 at 11:30 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
chasesea

March 25 2011 at 11:30 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Lynn Angelove

Charlie Sheen, But for the Grace of God there Go I. Peace be with you.

March 25 2011 at 10:44 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
dreamsbutterflyk

I cant believe how some people can be so jealous of a person ,Johnny Depp is one of the best actors to ever be on the big screen.He always plays his roles to the T,and takes his job very serious and im sure he works very hard and deserves all the $ he makes and also deserves to pull a prank every now and then,Leave Johnny alone he's not hurting anyone. At least he isnt one of the many actors /actress's to cheat and act crazy...He's a great Guy and a family man all the way!

March 25 2011 at 10:28 AM Report abuse +7 rate up rate down Reply