August 20, 2014

Jessica Simpson Confirms She's Been Approached to Judge 'The X Factor'

by Chris Harnick, posted Mar 28th 2011 2:30PM
Jessica SimpsonJessica Simpson, 'X Factor' judge? Could be.

The singer and reality star told Women's Wear Daily she has been approached to do Simon Cowell's new singing competition.

"They have definitely talked to me about 'X Factor,'" Simpson said. "I think it would be a lot of fun. It's definitely my life. To be a mentor for up-and-coming artists is right up my alley. I would have loved to have a mentor. I love watching people's dreams come true."

Earlier this March rumors about Simpson's involvement began to take flight.

L.A. Reid is the only confirmed judge on Fox's upcoming reality series.

"L.A. was my number one choice to sit alongside me on the show," Cowell said in a statement. "In my opinion, he is one of the greatest-ever music executives and, of course, a fantastic writer and producer. I am thrilled he has agreed to join the show, and for any artist auditioning, they know they have the chance to meet a true star-maker."

Other judge rumors have swirled about Enrique Iglesias, Nicki Minaj and, naturally, Paula Abdul.

More than 18,000 people turned out for the first 'X Factor' auditions in Los Angeles this weekend.

Tell us: Do you think Jessica Simpson has what it takes to be an 'X Factor' judge?

ml2259

I would not watch the program if Jessica Simpson is a judge. I am just not interested in her opinion about anything.

March 29 2011 at 5:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lucky2B76

Yes, and I said it. having jessica simpson would be like, ellen degenerous on Idol, they ahould be smarter than the contestant and they're remarks should matter. Jessica Simpsons? really, Simon. is your brain on vacation?

March 29 2011 at 4:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lucky2B76

common, might as well have ellen degenerous again. Lets see someone with an iota of smarts and a good musical background. To be a judge, isn't it just good judgement thaat they be smarter than the contestants?

March 29 2011 at 4:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
katadams1972

Oh God help us now.

March 29 2011 at 4:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DiamondFire

Well, Simon can count me out as a viewer if he hires that no-talent Jessica Simpson as a judge. I cannot stand watching or listening to her. Ugh.....there are so many better choices. Hell, I would be a better option than that wannabe.

March 29 2011 at 2:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sgreer99

If Simon wants a hit show do not pick Jessica Simpson. She has no talent so how can she help others.

March 29 2011 at 1:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
buddymaine

OH GOOD GOD< NO! She is a wannabee, absolutely no talent, that's why she ends up on reality shows. If she is a judge, I won't watch the show.

March 29 2011 at 12:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
starlady382

I think not. We need someone that leads a profilic life and can project some real life answers. Although Paula could do it, it might not be the best idea. I like her and she has talent, but it was mostly bickering with Simon, even in fun, as they are friends, that took away from the seriousness of the decisions that counted.But,,Jessica Simpson? No!

March 29 2011 at 12:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pchand29

"see you jimmy" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 29 2011 at 12:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shad0w24

I would rather pick a random name out of a hat then have Jessica Simpson be a judge on this show.

March 28 2011 at 11:05 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply