December 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Bethenny Frankel Breaks Down Talking About Her Childhood on 'Ever After' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Mar 29th 2011 1:40AM
'Bethenny Ever After'If you've been through a difficult childhood, it can be very challenging to try and open up and talk about it. But if you reach that point where it starts to come out, sometimes that emotion just pushes it all out. Such was the case for Bethenny Frankel on 'Bethenny Ever After' (Mon., 10PM ET on Bravo).

In her therapy session, she opened up about the craziness of her early life, talking about how her mother would yell at her for not wanting to go to a night club with her when Bethenny was 13 years old. She struggled with her relationships with both her father and her stepfather.

"It sounds like I'm making it up when I say it out loud because it's so f****** crazy," she said. "But it didn't feel that crazy then. It really didn't."

"It's what you knew," her therapist said.

But Frankel doesn't dwell on the negative moments in her life. "I did not feel traumatized as a child," she said. "I had some happy times. We did a lot of nice things. It wasn't like every day I was thinking I was in a screwed-up household."

marge4unu2

Q- IF BARFENNY THE FRANKEL-FRAUD WANTS A NORMAL LIFE WHY SHUT OUT JASONS PARENTS THAT WILL LET HER KID ENJOY ONE. BARFENNY IS A FAKE AND TOOO MUCH OF A CONTROL FREAK. HER PARENTS DID NOT ABUSE HER - THE LIE IS OVER WITH. PEOPLE THAT BUY BARFENNY'S PO ME UP BRINGING SAGA ARE THE SAME LOOOSERS THAT THINK STICKING A FINGER DOWN THE THROAT-LOTS OF COKE- BOOZE AND A 4 POUND BABY MAKE FOR GOOD DIET ADVICE AND READING...UHM..YEA OK

April 02 2011 at 5:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marge4unu2

AFTER THE SKINNY GHOUL MOPE A RITA'S STIFF AND THE '' BOLT ON BETHENNY'' BE- DAZZELING DESIGNER BOLTS FOR THE SIDE OF YOUR MUTANT JOWELS BOMBS ON QVC- THIS CREEP WILL DANGEL THAT BABY OFF OF A BALCONY-PUSH THE SKINNY GHOUL MONKEY WAGON VW INTO A LAKE WITH THE BABY LEFT IN THE CAR AND CRY ON THE TODAY SHOW THAT IT WAS JILL ZARREN.-MOOCH HUSTLER BY PROXY DISORDER -NEXT EPISODE OF B-E-A...

April 02 2011 at 5:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marge4unu2

HER OWN MOTHER BUSTED HER PITY PARTY. THE POOR ME IS JUST A MEANS TO USE PEOPLE- DID YOU EVER SEE THIS FRANKEL STEIN OFFER TO PICK UP A TAB FOR BOBBY OR JILL ? HER HOME LIFE WAS FAR BETTER THAN MOST PEOPLE THAT DO NOT SIT AROUND GUZZELING MOPE A RITA'S-BARFING UP DINNER SICKO STARVING THIER OWN BABY WHILE PREGO- GROW UP AND GET OVER IT.

April 02 2011 at 5:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hollywould64

Woe is me, me , me, poor thing Bethanee... pphhff ! If you had even an ounce of compassion, you'd use some of the millions you're making off of your Life Story, to help others who have been through, or are going through what you've been through. Would you like some cheese with your whine? or is your skinny ass gonna stick with the 'crack-ahs'?

March 29 2011 at 4:28 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Mine Opps.

America is filled with such pathetic losers. My life was so bad, how about Bethany you trade places with a Sri Lanken child forced into prostitution at 10 and used up by 12, her life, every minute a living hell. You sniveling bag of crap, you deserve a horrible life for the insincerity and temerity of you session. I would never spend the time necessary to understand you, I found out everything I needed to know about you in a total of maybe 3 minutes of actual time I saw you while flipping through the channels. Every time I saw you it was the same thing different day and it was ugly. By the way you are ugly, that face of yours would play well on Halloween with a nice fright wig on. You are the reason Jewish woman get a bad rap. Your tired boring and played.

March 29 2011 at 3:48 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Donnie Lanier

Here we go again for the 100th time, poor poor me and the way I was treated growing up. Bethenny you can't do anything about the way you was treated as a child but you can grow up and stop living in the past. Treat and love your child the way you wish you had been treated and live your life to the fullest and you will be happy.

March 29 2011 at 1:19 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Donald

What an idiot she is, really!

March 29 2011 at 1:15 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
salmo60

Work this one through the process, Bethenny. A kid with ADD living in a family that can not comprehend ADD and getting beaten when a poor report card comes and being mentally abused because you were "stupid". That went on until I was 18 years old and left home, severing all contacts. If you think your live was so tramatic, I will gladly trade you my nightmares.

March 29 2011 at 1:08 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to salmo60's comment
oakspondman

many of us had not so great chilhoods......all kingds of problems. Not making yours nothing, but we all think ours were the worse. Mine was not so great either, but I do feel for you and Bethany.

March 29 2011 at 1:30 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
YellowRose3218

Most people do not understand unless this happened to them.
It makes for a tough life when the people you love and trust, treats you badly.
It leaves scars that never heal, and it is impossible to just forget it all.
When a child cant even make a facial expression with out being knocked across a room it take a toll, trust me. We were not allowed to speak, unless spoken to. We chose our words carefully, and still that was not good enough most times.
No one can really understand unless they have seen for their selves, or lived it. It can be horrible.

March 29 2011 at 12:56 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
cwsac

Growing up (for me) was not always pleasant ... I was not that close with my father and I hated my stepfather, I was never encouraged during my early years ... I have struggled with the responsibility of being a MAN, due to my immaturity and lack of support ... I was denied the honor of raising my own children ... I was almost an alcoholic and gotten close to GIVING UP totally. Then, I remembered what my mother told me ... "I used to complain about not having any shoes until I met a man who had no feet."

Welcome to LIFE 101 ... no one promised anyone a stress free life. The KEY to LIFE is to take one day at a time and give THANKS for EVERYTHING that comes your way. It took me several years to overcome my immaturity ... and I still have trouble accepting things the way they are ...

My motto: This is the hand that LIFE dealt me ...

March 29 2011 at 12:34 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply