July 31, 2014

FX Renews 'Justified,' 'Archer'

by Chris Harnick, posted Mar 29th 2011 5:19PM
JustifiedFX isn't KOing all of its shows -- the cable network has picked up 'Justified' and 'Archer' for third seasons.

'Justified' will return for a 13-episode run

"'Justified' was a critically acclaimed hit series in its first season, but the show has far surpassed our expectations this season," John Landgraf, president and general manager of FX, said in a statement. "Creatively, the show is on a roll. The performances of Timothy Olyphant, Walton Goggins, Margo Martindale and the entire cast are extraordinary.

"Graham Yost and his team of writers are delivering some of the richest stories anywhere on TV and are doing a brilliant job of being true to Elmore Leonard's original character, Raylan Givens," he said. "We couldn't be more proud of the work everyone has done."

According to Deadline, FX is expected to announce 'Archer's' "momentarily" or at the upfront presentation.

Season 2 of 'Justified' has grown in viewers, so far averaging 3.9 million total viewers and 2.0 million in the 18-49 demographic.

The network recently axed boxing drama 'Lights Out' after one season. Private eye dramedy 'Terriers' was also given the boot from the network after one season.

Tell us: Are you excited to have more 'Archer' and 'Justified' episodes?

asarabee

Absolutely LOVE this show! Riveting, sexy and funny! Great acting!

March 31 2011 at 8:23 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
John P Omasta

Justified is one of the best shows to come along in a while. The cast, writing, and locations are a joy to behold. I look forward to 10PM wed nites!!!

March 31 2011 at 4:27 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
George Otwori

All I want from FX is for them to salvage either Light Out or Terriers. By at least rerunning or Relaunching the series in the summer.

March 30 2011 at 1:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
patiodaddy

I see a lot of folks on here are Sons of Anarchy fans, I was until this last season. I don't really know what happened but SOA absolutely sucks, I still have the last 2 episodes on my DVR and I just can't even force myself to watch them. I doubt I will watch when they come back on for the new season.

March 30 2011 at 11:32 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
PATTI

Thank you FX for giving us JUSTIFIED. It is one of the best shows I've had the pleasure of looking forward to each week. More shows like this and way less of reality garbage you see on other stations would be a blessing. Thank you again.

March 30 2011 at 10:54 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Paul Mastin

Favorite show. Usually DVR and watch it again!

March 30 2011 at 10:42 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
D.I.( Debi)

YAY! for Rayland Givens! He rocks! Also his frenemy Walter Coggins plays, they play well off each other, the balancing of good vs. evil & his struggle to be a better man, my hat is off to that actor's portrayal of his character! He was AWESOME! in the episode on Criminal Minds about demon possesision & the mad priest (saw this yesterday on A & E reruns, I think I liked Rayland with the girl his friend lives with better than Wynona, she is too stupid for words, hard for me to see why the heck Rayland ever married her!

March 30 2011 at 10:41 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
ajseinfeld

Yes cannot wait

March 30 2011 at 10:24 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
tom

I WOULD CRAWL ON MY BACK BARE ASSED NAKED TO LISTEN TO HER PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IN A TIN CUP OVER THE TELEPHONE ! ! !

March 30 2011 at 10:05 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Kim & William

I love "Justified!' So glad they renewed it. I look forward to its episodes every week. FX puts out some fantastic television shows such as Nip/Tuck, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, etc. They have excellent writing staffs and amazing actors that portray characters that are home runs. I also love how FX's television shows cater to adult audiences and don't dumb down or put fluff in their shows to suit the conservatives. It is cable television afterall and if you don't like it, don't watch it. As for me, I pay for cable tv and love being able to watch adult shows catered to my psyche.

March 30 2011 at 9:19 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply