October 2, 2014

First Look: Adrianne Palicki As Wonder Woman in Action

by Chris Harnick, posted Mar 30th 2011 11:30AM
Wonder WomanIt's Wonder Woman! And her boots are red! Yes, the first pictures of Adrianne Palicki in action as Wonder Woman have surfaced.

In this photo from the 'Wonder Woman' pilot shoot in Hollywood, Palicki puts on her best fearless Amazon face to chase down a villain.

What's new with the costume since it debuted? For starters, her boots are red! Plus, the pants look less atrocious and vinyl.

I'm pretty pleased with these changes, the costume actually looks pretty acceptable.

Check out a bigger, full-body version below.

While this is an improvement over the original picture, it does not quell all my fears about this pilot.

The red boots provide a nice contrast to the pants and tie the costume together. It's less offensive to the eye, that's for sure. Plus, the pants aren't nearly as tacky.

Since the costume got a makeover, is it it too much to hope the pilot script did as well? From what I've read, this show does not sound like the Wonder Woman I've come to know and love. Crying herself to sleep over Steve Trevor? Complaining about her bust size? That's not the butt-kicking Amazon princess who should be helping NBC reclaim some TV cred. At least now she looks the part.

Adrianne Palicki, Wonde Woman
For another look at the costume in action, head on over to Moviefone.

Tell us: What do you think of the costume in action?

Follow Chris Harnick on Twitter.

Alan Trevino

Wonder woman was an amazon, that suposed to be the core of the caracter, strong, tuff,proud female warrior, the "pretty" well that was cos the gods...anyway...im not going to pay a ticket to see this on films, seems that is going to be another crappy film from hollywood that doesnt care about the costumer anymore and is targeting impresionable kids still that might relate WW with batman o superman or even spider man(i know...but kids are stupid).

Hope this is readed by someone from hollywood, im done and sick of lame films, sick of writer writing crap just to sell, im sick of wrestlers on films,im sick of comic films, and im sick of hollywood under rate the viewers . !Long live to the "internets" that alow use to punish the bad films with Taringa!!!. muajajaja.

April 04 2011 at 1:51 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
SHEEZAWOLF

Costume too Halloween. I do have the comics and wish the next Wonder Woman could have been more Amazon looking with a little muscle definition. You can be feminine and toned. This costume with baggy pants, silver bracelets instead of gold and that pucker-face falls short. I'm disappointed.

April 03 2011 at 8:29 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Mary Cusack

I am so f@cking sick of you die hards who hang on the old wonder woman tooth and nail. How many of you actually support the character and buy her comic book? I do. the character is changing. I am going to give this a shot. Stuck in the 70's all of you. Ruining it for people like me who actually want to give this a try.

April 02 2011 at 9:28 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
HOOKER

Hollywood you should really just shut down and give your wasted billions to worthy causes. Like Japen let`s say.Not to start on how much America needs done. Help built that wall they have been talking about for what twenty years now. I`m tired of seeing my GREAT country become a third world country. Hollywood. It really should be called CRAP

April 01 2011 at 9:47 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
HOOKER

the suit is stupid stupid stpid

April 01 2011 at 9:43 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
HOOKER

stupid stupid stupid show won`t see mid season

April 01 2011 at 9:42 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Markie Mark

DC Comics, where the hell are you guys? It feels like you don't really care about one of your top characters! Why am I even writing this...you obviously have no say and / or DO NOT CARE!

April 01 2011 at 5:42 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Sultry

OMG! There is not a snowballs chance in h*ll this is going to work. Is that suppose to be her tough face? Humf one swat upside the head with my pocketbook loaded with a brick would stop all that snarling. So just imagine what the bad guys are going to do to her. ROFL, Okay I'll stop being silly. First of all when you have someone Iconic that made a role, you have to show some respect to that person, or the new person is going to crash and burn. They have to bring Lynda Carter back at least once to pass the torch to this girl.

What would really sell it is to have Lynda be this girls mother, Other then that forget it. I don't care about give a new person a chance, or it's a new group of viewers. Wonder Women will be forever associated with Lynda Carter, she was perfect in that part. That kind of casting comes along once in a lifetime. It's my thought, It will take Lynda Carter to actually pass the power on to her daughter for another person to stand a chance of being a success in that role. That would also explain the costume changes. But for this person to just show up with no explanation as the comic book Wonder Women, she don't stand a chance.

March 31 2011 at 10:59 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
dtbbk

The costume looks better than earlier photos I've seen. I'll give it a chance because I was such a fan of Wonder Woman back in the day. If it's too cheesy I'll move on.

March 31 2011 at 1:34 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Michael

Why does she have pants ? Wonder Woman alway wore shorts, not pants. Who's bright idea was that ? But Linda Carter will always be Wonder Woman to me :)

March 30 2011 at 11:23 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply