September 1, 2014

Betty White Gets NBC Prank Show

by Chris Harnick, posted Mar 31st 2011 2:00PM
Betty WhiteBetty White, the new Ashton Kutcher?

Yes, you read that right. The 'Golden Girls' star will host and executive produce 'Betty White's Off Their Rockers,' a prank show that will see seven senior citizens pull stunts on a younger crowd.

The new NBC series is based on the popular European series 'Benidorm Bastards.' Look for 12 episodes of the new series to hit NBC.

"Betty White is a comedic genius who escalates hilarity in any situation," Paul Telegdy, executive vice president of alternative programming at NBC, said in a statement.

"Viewers will thoroughly enjoy watching her pull one over on the unsuspecting youth of America," he said.

"People have been telling me that I'm 'Off My Rocker' for years -- now I can prove it," White said.

The 89-year-old star's TV Land sitcom 'Hot in Cleveland' was recently picked up for a third season. White also has a new book, 'If You Ask Me (And Of Course You Won't),' due out May 3. And if you're jonesing for even more Betty White goodies, NBC has just launched a very special Betty White–centric website.

Betty White pranking a younger generation? Count us in.

Tell us: Will you watch 'Betty White's Off Their Rockers,' or are you over Betty Mania?

JanB

This is the funnest show I have seen in years. I watched it last night and haven't stopped laughing! I've told everyone about the show, I hope they let this run, it is by far the best show on tv!!

May 24 2012 at 2:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Manders

That sounds awesome lol

January 24 2012 at 12:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brenda

My husband and I laughed hysterically at Betty White's Off Your Rocker show that we watched last night. It just feels so good to laugh at comedy such as this:)

January 17 2012 at 11:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
padova8888

Yes, I would watch Betty White prank people.

April 06 2011 at 10:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mildred

yes I will watch Bettys show.she is a very talented ,sweet humourus and quite the lady. we dont see to many performers like her

April 06 2011 at 7:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pat Naber

Can't wait to watch this! I can't get enough of Betty and am grateful for the joy she brings to me!

April 06 2011 at 1:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
themcbears

You bet I'm going to watch!

April 06 2011 at 7:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbie

I sure will be watching Betty Whites new show. I love her. She is a wonderful and funny person.

April 05 2011 at 11:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maggie

I will watch Betty White, but I do think the present show does not do her justice and I really do not like it. She is great but, in my opinion, she should have more of a part. Being almost the same age as Betty, I cannot understand where she gets her energy, but GO for it Betty and we will all watch!

April 05 2011 at 9:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BonnieJean

I think Betty White is better than that show NBC is talking about putting on. She has been all about clean Cut comedy. Why does she have to stoop so low?? Think again NBC & Betty White You Can come up with a better show than that. Get your head on. I have loved you in all you do. I think I have seen all you have done. Well almost.
Anyway. Try again. Get some people with Class to put their heads with yours. You will come up with a great show. There are alot of comedians that haven't stooped that low. Think this through sweet lady. Plus you don't have to play stupid either. Hang in there the right one will come up. I am not wanting you to quit.

April 05 2011 at 4:22 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply