October 20, 2014

Cheryl Cole to Join U.S. 'X Factor,' Says L.A. Reid

by PopEater Staff, posted Apr 4th 2011 12:30PM
L.A. Reid Announces Cheryl Cole as New 'X Factor' JudgeCheryl Cole is in! Yes, the former Girls Aloud singer will join Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid as a judge on 'The X Factor,' Fox's new reality competition.

According to 'The X Factor' judge Reid, Cole will join him and Cowell to weed out hopefuls in search of America's most talented performers.

"We're gonna compete against 'American Idol' just fine," says Reid. "I'm very confident. But along with Simon Cowell and Cheryl, I don't know who the other judge is."

Rumors have been swirling about who will join the panel of judges.

Everyone from Taylor Momsen to Nicki Minaj and, more recently, Lily Allen, have been suggested as potential judges, although none of them have confirmed their participation on the show.

This morning, Allen tweeted, "nice to know that i'm 80% confirmed to be a judge on xfactor, anyone thinking about running it by me ?" She cheekily followed up by saying, "i'll only do it if there's a 'pop songs in a foreign language week.'"

lilyawesomejoh

Cheryl Cole will be a great judge on U.S.X Factor. love her songs ' Fight For This Love' and 'Rain On Me'

April 07 2011 at 9:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathryn

Lame...she is sleeping with Cowell...I would put money on it.

April 05 2011 at 5:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anne

Bring Paula back please!

April 05 2011 at 3:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
forever2country

PLEASE BRING PAULA BACK....

April 05 2011 at 2:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Catzs

....and please, with all due respect, but no more Paula Train Wreck Abdul, not that drug addled mess, not again. We've already been subjected to that once.

April 05 2011 at 1:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Catzs

Cheryl who? LA what? I don't know these people.

April 05 2011 at 1:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
casselberry32707

They still have one more spot open, Simon is probably saving the best for last. I still haven't given up on Paula.

April 05 2011 at 1:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stay/on/course

Simon needs Paula back on the panel with him to make the show a go. Not giving Paula what she wanted was American Idol's biggest mistake. They should have went off the air at that point. Simon needs Paula. Together the two can take over the television network. Wise up Simon!

April 05 2011 at 12:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RuthAnn

Well. because I haven't a clue who Cheryl Cole is, I'll be watching XFactor when it starts and make up my own mind.
I don't think there is any other person that is smarter at picking talent than Simon, and I can't imagine him putting some one in as a judge that isn't capable of judging.....so, lets give her a chance..whaddya say.....

April 04 2011 at 11:58 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Jahncie Cook

She is going to be so good..she is so big in Britain with Girls Aloud and her solo career. Give her a chance, she's on the original x- factor

April 04 2011 at 10:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply