April 25, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Bethenny Breaks Down at Her 40th Birthday Party on 'Ever After' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Apr 5th 2011 2:34AM
One of the rules of any relationship is to be very, very careful what you do to celebrate your lovely lady's birthday. Especially if it's one of those significant milestone birthdays like 40. Jason learned this lesson in a very public and difficult way on 'Bethenny Ever After' (Mon., 10PM on Bravo).

At a lavish party he'd thrown together to celebrate Bethenny Frankel's big 4-0, she absolutely freaked out and lost her mind. She pulled Jason into another room where they talked about it while their guests looked around awkwardly.

The way it was filmed was even more uncomfortable, because it kind of looked as if they were broadcasting Frankel's breakdown over loudspeakers so the guests could listen in. Obviously they weren't, but it made her very personal moment look very public.

Sure, staring at a door wouldn't have been that visually exciting but it would have kept the moment between Jason and Bethenny.

The poor guy went from being excited to spring his huge party on his wife to apologizing profusely and vowing to never celebrate her birthday again. That's just not normal. Bethenny needs to work through her childhood issues so she can normalize some of these life experiences.

dulllisa365

CELERATE YOUR LIFE...THE ALTERNATIVE IS....
BETHENNY YOU NEED TO TAKE YOUR PAST AND LEARN WHAT NOT TO BE..INSTEAD OF DWELLING AND RELIVING EVERYTHING YOU HATED...WHY SHOULD EVERYONE HAVE TO RELIVE A CHILDHOOD THAT YOU HATED...AND WHY WOULD YOU WANT ANYONE LIVE THAT LIFE IF IT WAS SO BAD. TAKE THIS WONDERFUL WONDERFUL LIFE YOU HAVE NOW AND, BE APPRECIATIVE YOUR LIFE DID GET TURNED AROUND...YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL VERY, VERY LOVING HUSBAND AND INLAWS THAT HAVE TAKEN YOU ON AS THEIR OWN DAUGHTER..AND NOW THIS BEAUTIFUL, HAPPY LITTLE GIRL...AND ALL YOU CAN FOCUS ABOUT ON YOUR BIRTHDAY IS THE PAST...GET OVER THE PAST...LET GO OF IT AND EMBRACE THE FUTURE..BIRITHDAYS ARE JUST THAT A CELEBRATION OF LIVING ANOTHER YEAR...AND YOU HAVE ALOT TO BE ALIVE FOR... YOUR FAMILY IS TRYING TO GIVE YOU WHAT YOU DIDNT HAVE BEFORE AND YOUR ONLY HAPPY IF THEY TREAT YOU LIKE ****..I JUST DONT GET IT....WHY DID YOU PICK THIS LIFE IF YOU CANT ENJOY EVEYTHING THAT IS COMING WITH IT... I REALLY FEEL SORRY FOR EVERYONE WHO IS YOUR FRIEND, EMPLOYEE, RELATIVE...THEY DONT EVER HAVE A CHANCE AT MAKING YOU HAPPY, YOU TAKE EVERYTHING AND TURN IT NEGATIVE...YOU NEED TO EMBRACE THE FACT THAT GETTING OLDER IS BETTER THAN NOT GETTING OLDER...THAT WOULD MEAN YOUR LIFE IS OVER AND YOUR BABY GIRL WOULDNT HAVE YOU AROUND TO WATCH HER GROW OLD...YOUR HUSBAND WOULDNT HAVE THIS WOMAN HE IS MADLY IN LOVE WITH , (WHICH WITH THE WAY YOUR REACTION IS TO EVERYTHING HE WANTS AND DOES DO FOR YOU WITH LOVE IS NOT TAKEN AND EMBRACED)..I REALIZE YOU HAD A VERY BAD CHILDHOOD, AND YOU ARE GOING TO A THERAPIST...BUT COME ON...IF YOUR JUST GOING FOR RATINGS WELL YOU ARE LOSING PEOPLE...NOW IS THE THE TIME TO ACT LIKE A SPOILED CHILD...GROW UP AND REALIZE HOW LUCKY YOU ARE..YOU HAVE EVERYTHING MOST OF US DREAM ABOUT...A LOVING HUSBAND, A BEAUTIFUL CHILD, WEALTH TO AFFORD ALL THESE LUXURIES...A NANNY, PEOPLE TO DO YOUR HAIR AND A MAKEUP AND TO DRESS YOU...WHO CARES WHAT YOU WEAR..SOME PEOPLE ONLY HAVE ONE GOOD OUTFIT AND WEAR IT OVER AND OVER...I CAN ONLY DREAM OF HOW LUCKY I WOULD BE TO HAVE YOUR LIFE..DONT GET ME WRONG..I HAVE A WONDERFUL SON...AND WE DO HAVE A HOUSE OVER OUR HEAD, A DEPENDABLE VEHICLE, AND JUST ENOUGH MONEY TO GET THROUGH PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK...(SOMETIMES)...YOU NEED TO LOOK FORWARD AND ENJOY LIFE NOW!!!! BEFORE YOUR PAST COMES BACK TO BE THE PRESENT..(YOU ALL ALONE AGAIN)......I LOVE YOU BETHENNY BUT PLEASE PLEASE EMBRACE YOUR LIFE AND LET US ENJOY YOUR WONDERFUL LIFE THROUGH YOU..NOT SIT HERE WEEK AFTER WEEK AND GET UPSET WITH YOU BECAUSE ALL YOU CAN DO IS FIND FAULT WITH EVERYTHING OR EVERYONE..LIFE IS A PRECIOUS GIFT....AND IT CAN COME AND GO SO QUICK..SO YOU REALLY NEED TO LIVE EACH AND EVERY DAY AS IF IT COULD BE YOUR LAST.....I AM SURE YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY WOULD MISS YOU VERY MUCH...BUT DEFINITELY NOT THE STRESS YOU BRING WITH EVERYTHING YOU DO...LAUGHING DOES GIVE YOU A LONGER LIFE.....AND I CAN THINK OF MANY REASONS YOU WOULD WANT TO LIVE AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.. I WOULD!!!

April 10 2011 at 3:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dulllisa365

CELERATE YOUR LIFE...THE ALTERNATIVE IS....

April 10 2011 at 3:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
awcantor

How selfish to fall out with all the guests at her birthday party!
How humiliating to act like an ungrateful *itch when her husband
bought her diamond earrings AND in front of her inlaws !
Who would do that on TV other than a miserable and selfish person?
It made me cringe!
Jason should take the earrings back because it 'offended' her and
sell them. Donate the $ to citizens of Japan who just lost EVERYTHING
including children and relatives with no homes.
She's pathetic!

April 05 2011 at 11:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hello Gwen

Did anyone seriously believe that Bethenny wouldn't submarine her own birthday? Jason is such a wonderful, understanding husband. Can you believe that he had the nerve to want to give Bethenny a memorable birthday, to try to erase all the bad ones? Wow, and did you see the non-reaction by Bethenny when Jason gave her a beautiful pair of diamond earrings? AND, he invited his parents to her birthday party -- obviously she wanted only "her" friends attending. I just can't believe how self-absorbed she is. It's all about her, her, her. Are they still married or has he filed for divorce and promised not to announce this until after the show's finale this year? He should file for divorce and ask for custody of Bryn since Bethenny is way too busy with her products, skating, etc. Oh, well. I can't believe I'm still watching her shows. I think I'm through, though.

April 05 2011 at 10:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gregginsarasota

This is a perfect example of how low our standards have gone, how desperate (some of) the people in the USA are for "entertainment". This is one of the reasons I never watch "reality" shows. You can't tell me people don't press the drama button when the cameras are rolling. I especially love it when somebody rings the doorbell, then they show a shot from the inside of the house of the person answering the door. Was that magic?....or is the place flooded with cameramen, sound techs, lilghting experts, etc.,.... what a bunch of crap we settle for when watching "the boob tube".

April 05 2011 at 6:54 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
avictoryrose

I was very appalled at what i saw. It has been painful to watch but hey no one forced me to. Anyway...BUT THIS LAST EPISODE was a drama like I have never seen. Bethenny's tongue is sharp to cut people off, cut them down, cuss them out, be very condescending, YET SHE CRIED AT HER PARTY? Why because all she gives out is hate, scream, vile, insolence and when an angel of a man gets in her life, she can't handle it? She can't handle love, joy, peace - anything good. She thrives on negativity. Her strength comes out when she is negative, sore, mean, IN CONTROL, TELLING PEOPLE OFF, Yes she is in her ZONE. BUT when there is the absence of chaos, and she is not in control to cause chaos, THEN BETHENNY morphs into CHOAS ITSELF. Look at the way she demeaned Jason's parents. She could say such hurtful things to that sweet lady - Jason's mom. She is the bread winner and I guess they have to eat. I would rather be hungry than be fed by a bully. Look at her success. She has been blessed. Can she say Thank You God for blessing me with my husband, my daughter, my career and my new Mom and Dad? Here is the big news. JULIE IS GOING TO END UP WITH JASON - and what a nice couple they will make. No they haven't done anything inappropriate YET. But if Bethenny doesn't sit straight and fly right, she will be flying SOLO. And after Jason, everyone that comes will be for her few dollars she just made. At that time, she will have every reason to CRY - SOB - WEEP. Get it to together woman before you end up losing EVERYTHING you never worked for.

April 05 2011 at 4:59 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Lawrence

Put her in an Institution!

April 05 2011 at 4:24 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Jaz

Irritating....Drama queen...and we have enough of those on TV. Wht did she bother with a party.....she should be ashamed of herself and kiss the ground her husband walks on. Talk about patience. If she has issues every year with her age then do not celebrate! Perios end of story.

April 05 2011 at 3:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SSFLASHON

BETHANY...GET OVER IT. WHEN YOU WENT TO THE RACE TRACK {ON YOUR BIRTHDAY} YOU SHOWED HOW PROUD YOU WERE TO KNOW WHAT GOES ON THERE AND TALKED ABOUT YOUR DAD. YOUR FATHER DIDN'T HATE YOU. I THINK MAYBE YOU STAYED AWAY FROM HIM OR HE MAY HAVE HATED THE WAY YOU ACT! PEOPLE COME FROM WORSE HOMES THAN YOU HAD...IF YOU WANT US TO FEEL SORRY FOR YOU THEN JUST STOP...I FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR HUSBAND AND YOUR DAUGHER!

April 05 2011 at 3:31 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
jennicain5

I don't know how her husband stands her! I see divorce in her future if she does'nt change her obnoxious ways.

April 05 2011 at 3:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply