July 30, 2014

Glenn Beck to End Daily Fox News Show, But Isn't Going Anywhere

by Joel Keller, posted Apr 6th 2011 1:40PM
Glenn BeckIf you're a fan of Glenn Beck, then the following won't be good news. If you aren't a fan, then this will make your day.

Beck has signed a new deal with Fox News, but he will be transitioning away from doing a daily show for the top cable-news network.

According to a press release, Fox News and Beck's production company, Mercury Radio Arts, "will work together to develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the Fox News Channel as well as content for other platforms including Fox News' digital properties."

There's no current end date for Beck's daily program, only that it will end some time in 2011.

The chalkboard-toting Beck has seen his ratings drop for quite some time; the show lost over a million viewers between January 2010 and January 2011, many of them in the younger demographics. Speculation had been running rampant for months that Fox and Beck were going to part ways. This contract shows that Beck isn't exactly persona non grata at FNC, but it also means that he's not one of their most favored stars anymore.

According to the Washington Post, there is already speculation that "special projects" is code for "Don't let the door hit you on the tush, Glenn!," which is essentially what NPR media writer David Folkenflik tweeted when he heard the news. There's some merit to that, as you rarely see Larry King on CNN since he ended 'Larry King Live.'

But we'll give FNC the benefit of the doubt. There are a lot of conspiracies to theorize about, so there should be plenty of material for future Beck specials.

Tell us: Are you going to miss Glenn Beck's daily show on Fox News?

kgo1959

I will miss The Glenn Beck Show.
THE TRUTH HAS NO AGENDA.
You are a TRUE PATRIOT and HERO!!!!
May GOD BLESS YOU and KEEP YOU WELL Glenn and Family

April 09 2011 at 11:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C Cathy Humphreys Ho

Glenn, my fiance DVR's your show everyday so that we can watch it together. I have learned the true history of our United States in the last few years from your show. No one else can express the TRUTH like you do. You are a true HERO!! We know that God leads you as He does us. He opens and closes doors when He is ready for us to move forward to do His will. We are praying for you in your future endeavors, as well as, your personal health and your family. We are proud to say we consider you a friend and will greatly miss hearing and seeing you on your TV show. We are also praying your radio program will continue so that we can hear your wisdom and check it out ourselves just like you advise on almost every show!! Thank you for enlightening us and entertaining us in your unique style. It is quite refreshing!

April 09 2011 at 10:41 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
rozenpd

GLENN YOUR ONE OF THE BEST WILL BE FOLLOWING YOU WHEREEVER YOU GO

April 08 2011 at 9:45 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
spudqueenpt

God bless you, Glenn Beck! When I heard your announcement the other afternoon, i wept.......it makes me sick that the left is jumping up and down in their collective ignorance, thinking they have won some battle! I was saddened and asking why; however, upon reflection, I realize that thruout my life, my hardest, but most rewarding changes have been forced on me, basically at the point of the knife! God has blessed you with a passion and a love of and for the truth, but he sees that because of this passion, His child is not resting! He, and we, need you to take care of yourself, so that you may live a long, fully-blessed life! Please know that all your efforts to inform us, to wake us up, and to change us into people who recognize that our nation is in peril, have not been in vain! WE ARE AWAKE, THANKS TO YOU, GLENN BECK! WE ARE AWARE, AND WE ARE ON IT! !!! MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU, MAY GOD MAKE HIS FACE TO SHINE UPON YOU, TO BE GRACIOUS UNTO YOU, AND TO GIVE YOU PEACE!

April 08 2011 at 8:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to spudqueenpt's comment
kgo1959

Very well said

April 09 2011 at 11:36 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jeanie@fanofcooking.com

Thank God the crazy alcholic is gone. Look. He was the cruelist person I'd ever seen on Fox...Next is Hannity and ignorant O'Reilly. I was a republican and stood back. Look at the lies and disrespect for an elected official and agree completely with ousting Beck. Good Riddens

April 08 2011 at 8:40 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
avionicssc

Whats the matter America.....can't take the truth about this nation or the Bible in your face?

April 07 2011 at 4:43 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to avionicssc's comment
pmyou52

I know where to shove your BIBLE

April 11 2011 at 11:44 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
frndlind

I have already quit watching the left sliding, spinning Bill but I do like Sean and Greta, however, if they put Mr Beck on for the three hour slots each of these are in I still would not get enough of his truth, and knowlege. Anyone who puts this man down either never watched him or has their head up their far left leaning keester. I am already having withdrawell pains because I love hearing the absolute truth from a man who tells you "go do your own research". Every time I research what he has said and I do so daily I find even more proof of his honesty. You libs should try a few things he has suggested like thanking our soldiers and police and helping those you see in need. You might just get a blessing from it! I have every time. Mr Beck, there are few in this world that I have as much respect for as you. I am glad to have absorbed some of the great wisdom you have shared and am going to miss you terribly. What I have learned from you has made me a better person and for that I will always be thankful.

April 07 2011 at 2:23 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
Carol

Yes, I will miss Glenn Beck. He tells his audience things that no one else will touch. He is the only honest person on tv. I wish him well. He has health problems that are not going away. He works too much. I hope that he will be able to have some relaxing times with his family and freinds. He is a brilliant man.

April 07 2011 at 1:48 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Chris McDonald

ok ratings drop man who rote this crap his show is still the 3rd highest rated tv news show on tv if fox and Glenn Beck are parting ways it is probably becase Glenn dose not wnat to over do thing i mean he has his own daily radio show plus the tv show plus hes having health problems. So for any left winger out there who wants to chalk this up as some kind of victory hahaha no i don't think so you will still see Glenn making his documentariesand he will still be on radio.

April 07 2011 at 12:59 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Anna

I will probably not watch Fox News as much as I did, It was Glen Beck that made me aware of current events and I find it difficult to imagine getting it with the same brilliance from anyone else.

Anna