April 16, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Taylor Swift Laughs Long After Jay Leno's Bad Photographer Impression (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Apr 6th 2011 3:45AM
Taylor Swift, 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno'Taylor Swift thinks Jay Leno is hilarious. Only maybe not in the way he hopes he's funny. As evidenced on 'The Tonight Show' (Weeknights, 11:35PM ET on NBC), Leno clearly bombed with what he was hoping was a rather charming and funny little impression of a fashion photographer.

He was talking to Swift about her recent work for Cover Girl, which she says is a great deal of fun, and even involves a thing called a "leaping coach."

But then Leno decided to ask her if those photographers really act the way we see them in the media, saying things like "Come on, baby! Gimme a smile!"

The look on Swift's face as she just stared at him through this routine was simply priceless. He tried to continue it for awhile, but she just quietly looked at him like he'd lost his mind, or he was a poor broken man, until he finally stopped.

When he tried to steer the conversation away from the debacle that just happened and back to the leaping coach, Swift finally lost her composure. "I was still laughing at your photo shoot impression," she explained later of her sudden outburst.

The joke may have bombed, but Swift's response was beyond brilliant.

Watch Taylor Swift's full interview here:

Jason Surber

Sometimes Jay just tries to hard, but its ok sometimes we all try to hard. It was great to see the clips, I liked it so much I watched the whole episode on DISH Online for free as well. http://tinyurl.com/3z7ayk7 Nice little place where everyone can enjoy tv.

April 06 2011 at 5:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gregginsarasota

Jay Leno doesn't realize that a big part of his audience are conservative. When he upholds the radical liberal ideals of Obama and their kind, he shoves his foot deeper and deeper into his big mouth. I used to like Jay Leno, but I realize he is part of the problem...not part of the solution.

April 06 2011 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
abcstarfox 2013

WOW!
Slow news day at TV Squad????

April 06 2011 at 1:22 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
isujen1989

Beautiful, sweet girl. Awesome human being. Amazing talent. LOVE HER!!!

April 06 2011 at 12:53 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
the aol experien

She strikes me as a nice kid and maybe a good role model for youngsters. Most kids her age could use some language skills but as long as she doesn’t turn into a Lindsey Lohan or Brittney Spears she gets 5 stars from me.

April 06 2011 at 12:52 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
jrexmarda

It looks like Jay saw his joke was going over her head so he just said
Forget about that. What's the big deal? There is only so much time alloted to these guests, maybe he didn't want to waste time explaining how on old TV shows the photographer in the photo shoot was portrayed this way.

April 06 2011 at 12:40 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
dldl963

Taylor haters are on again ! feel sorry for all of you guys, you cant make a penny for singing, you dont have records that sell millions, you dont have any awards, your too ugly to be a cove girl spokesoerson you are all fat, poor you I dont think Taylor reads any of these stuff so I'm here to defend her. dont bother to comment on my my 2 cents I dont return after I have posted bye

April 06 2011 at 12:39 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Drew Wapew-Awaehsaeh

"Like...........I was SO LIKE...............and THEN I WAS LIKE.................AND SO LIKE................LIKE..............YA KNOW?? LIKE Tee-HEE!!!! " The FIRST THING Taylor NEEDS...................is to LEARN how to be an ADULT and SPEAK in an ADULT-MANNER!!!!

April 06 2011 at 12:20 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
harolddundee

Taylor does a very bad impression of a singer .

April 06 2011 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
srhm

What a rediculous article. It's not that there isn't plenty to actually report in the world . ..Jason Hughes?...who approved this stupid article? Are they in the third grade? Jay Leno is the best at what he does every night and they report this? Pst..

April 06 2011 at 11:35 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply