October 31, 2014

Fox Renews 'Bob's Burgers,' Robert Sean Leonard Might Leave 'House' and More TV News

by Jean Bentley, posted Apr 7th 2011 6:00PM
Bob's BurgersFox has ordered a new batch of 'Bob's Burgers.'

(Listen, people, the pun writes itself.)

The network announced today that its freshman animated series will return for a second season in the fall.

"'Bob's Burgers' has proved to be a perfect neighbor to our slate of fan-favorite animated families this year," said Fox president of entertainment Kevin Reilly. "The series has found its own really unique, irreverent voice and is doing consistent business for us on Sundays, so we're excited to serve up another season to the fans."

The show follows a family-run burger joint.

In other TV news ...

'House' star Robert Sean Leonard says this could be his last season on the Fox show. The star's contract is up at the end of the current season, and he might want to spend his time on Broadway and with his family instead. [TV Line]

'My So-Called Life' will start airing on the Sundance Channel on April 25. Could Sundance, which also airs 'The Comeback,' become the new home to beloved-but-canceled series? [THR]

Collette Wolfe, who plays Travis's girlfriend on 'Cougar Town,' has joined a new pilot. The actress will co-star alongside Ryan Hansen on ABC's 'Lovelines.' She replaces Amanda Loncar in the comedy. [TV Line]

Annabeth Gish will guest star on 'Pretty Little Liars' next season. The 'Mystic Pizza' actress will play a therapist who counsels the Liars after Ian's supposed death in the season 1 finale. [PopWrap]

Bob

I normally don’t get a chance to watch Bob’s Burgers on TV all that much so I’m glad people like me have other options. A benefit to being a DISH Network customer and employee is that I can watch thousands of titles for free at www.dishonline.com, this includes Bob’s Burgers!

May 10 2011 at 8:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
porembajr

Bob's Burgers is one of the stupidest shows I have ever wasted my time watching!! I CAN"T BELIEVE it is going to go another season. Who ever actually watches and enjoys this show must be lacking lots of intelligence!!! I have given it many chances to make my wife and I laugh and it is just AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER LAUGHED ONCE!!!!!!! I am COMPLETELY SHOCKED it is going another season. Thought it was going to get pulled immediately it was so GOD AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel pretty much the same about The Cleveland Show as well!! Amazing what passes for entertainment these days???

April 11 2011 at 1:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
thetensunit

I watch Cleceland, American Dad, & Peter Griffin, Bob's Burgers Sux

April 09 2011 at 7:38 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
teltech543

I can't believe they Fox still has this crap on. Bob's Burgers and the Cleveland Show. Does anyone watch these? And if you do WHY?

April 09 2011 at 5:53 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Bull

Not a fan of Bob's Burgers or the Cleveland show but sure do miss the Family Guy American Dad line up. Seems those are coming out only in dribs and drabs.

April 09 2011 at 5:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
seasidebumette

OMG !! more creepy cartoons ? Put some adult stuff on, Fox !

April 09 2011 at 4:16 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
VyperJMc

Love Bob's Burgers, but I'm actually surprised it's getting renewed. Didn't think it's [adultswim] brand of humor would mesh well with FOX's Sunday night lineup.

April 09 2011 at 4:10 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
lthrnck68

Cheap animation ruins any enjoyment.

April 09 2011 at 3:53 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jbshu

Just don't kill off Leonard's chararcter. He's the only grounded person on the whole show, and he' s suffered the other's angst enough! I see him leaving to be head of CDD or something!

April 09 2011 at 3:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ourgordianknot

I'm glad to see Bob's Burgers getting another season. Wasn't too thrilled with the first two episodes but it's growing on me.

April 09 2011 at 2:23 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply