November 21, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Eva Longoria Breaks Silence on Divorce From Tony Parker on 'Piers Morgan' (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Apr 8th 2011 10:30AM
Eva Longoria on 'Piers Morgan Tonight'Eva Longoria appeared on 'Piers Morgan Tonight' (weeknights, 9PM ET on CNN) and spoke on camera about her divorce from basketball star Tony Parker for the very first time.

"What was it like for you when it all exploded, when it all came out, when ... the fairytale was suddenly hit by this hammer blow?" asked Piers Morgan.

"It was heartbreaking. It's the first time I'm talking about it, so I'm sorry," said Longoria, with visible emotion. "It was disappointing because I had such an identity in being Mrs. Parker and being a wife. And, so, when that's taken away from you, you go, 'Who am I?' It was hard."

Longoria and Parker divorced after three years of marriage in a messy split that included allegations of cheating. Still, Longoria refrained from disparaging her ex-husband. "I would never speak ill about him or the time we had together," she said. "I really, really valued it. Seven years together's a long time."

"I love the concept of marriage and I love being a wife," she continued. "You know, we tried our hardest. We really, really tried and it just didn't work. We wanted different things."

gregd01

That's hilarious. I'll bet her new boyfriend was in the green room watching that performance. She is sooooooo fake. Tony wanted to dump her but she talked him out of it and then ran off to LA and filed for divorce and acted like it was all her idea. She even filed for spousal support. Unbelievable little backstabbing vixen if you ask me and I don't buy a word of anything she says.

April 11 2011 at 9:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to gregd01's comment
marie r

I totally disagree, first of all 7 years isss a long time....If they got married, obiviously they loved each other..Is not right how people judge, and make comments about other peoples life, as if they know what's going on behind closed doors. She said she wouldn't say anything bad about him, because she values the 7 years they spent together...She's a beautiful talented, independent woman, with her own career. And there's no denying that she has no problem finding a man. In my opinion,they make a beautiful couple they should of give it another try, but, if it doesn't work, then it is what it is..Move on, it doesn't make you or break you..And if he was the one that cheated, he definitely doesn't deserve her. What goes around comes around!!...It's a fact!!...Brush it off and move on with your own lives!!

September 16 2011 at 10:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jo Burnette

I just wish that she had given him a second chance. She should have sat with down with him and let him know how the affair hurt and destroyed her. It wasn't even an affair, sounds more like a one night stand! People make mistakes and there are too many divorces now. They could have used this affair to make their marriage stronger. That what does not destroy you, makes you stronger.

April 09 2011 at 12:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mscjovr40

IT' CALL ACTINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. THAT MAN WANTED TO FILE FOR DIVOICE FIRST AND SHE BAG HIM NOT TOO. AND THEN GUESS WHAT...SHE RAN BACK TO LA AND WENT DOWN AND FILED . WHEN YOU CHEAT ON SOMEONE ELSE GIRLFIEND. THIS IS WHAT YOU GET....HE WAS IN-GAGED TO SOMEONE ELSE........

April 09 2011 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mscjovr40's comment
Jo Burnette

Bull, that happens, if he has loved the other one, he would have married her!

April 09 2011 at 12:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
christine

poor thing you can clearly see it still hurts her ! hes is such an idiot for cheating on her

April 09 2011 at 9:28 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Lia My

Love european fashion! So inspiring... so dressy!
(http://www.okeynice.com)