November 29, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Tight Eyez' and Street Kingdom Bring Krumping to 'America's Best Dance Crew' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Apr 8th 2011 1:06AM
Ceasare 'Tight Eyez' Willis & Street Kingdom, 'Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew' season premiereWhen 'America's Best Dance Crew' (Thu., 10PM ET on MTV) decided it was time to bring krumping to the stage in a big way, they did it the right way. Ceasare 'Tight Eyez' Willis is one of the co-developers of the dance movement. Along with his crew, Street Kingdom, 'Tight Eyez' represented for himself and his movement on the show.

That means an opportunity to see krumping at its purest and rawest, and it was every bit of that as the crew pounded the stage with energy, anger and movements that are both intimidating and intoxicating to watch.

D-Trix, the newest member of the judging panel and a former contestant, knows exactly what a big moment this was. "For years we tried to have krump on reality TV," he said. "But only at 'America's Best Dance Crew' can we get Tight Eyez and the Street Kingdom here on this stage tonight."

Bolly Kinsh

krump is the the crunkest dance there is some people use the word crunk and don't even know what it is you can express ur praise for god in anyway u like u people who judge probably sit in church on your hands so get back

May 12 2011 at 7:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lorenzo(:

ahaha thats what ... i aqree with you dderrickicaclay
they sure will be americas best dance krews
ndd Yummi Chii bitch shut the f*** up you dont know what your talkinq about
they are the best dance krew on their so far so whats qood niqqua(:
ndd to all the haters thanks for the love(:
later hoes(:
BY:lorenzo

May 06 2011 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dderrickicaclay

the kingdom street dance crew the hard crew ever seen this year still bring more

May 05 2011 at 9:05 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Yummi Chii

They're simply there because of Tight Eyez. c: These guys aren't "America's best DANCE crew."
They krump.
What the hell else can they do?
Krump... krump... krump...
Yup, that's some hellagood DANCING.
... Sorry, made myself laugh with that last statement.

April 29 2011 at 9:35 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Heath

OK I respect opinions but facts are facts Tight eyez is a Christian and Krump is
the bomb I am white and I love the dance it is uplifting I come
from a upper middle class and krump is for all walks of life. Krump is a way
to keep the kids out of gangs tight eyes is doing his part.
You haters out there what are you doing for Jesus. And yes Jesus
with honor what ever is homering and done for Him and his kingdom.
Krump is Tight Eyez way of honoring his Savior. So step off haters.

April 29 2011 at 2:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Heath's comment
Yummi Chii

the bomb...

"Krump is the bomb" is an opinion. c:

April 29 2011 at 9:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blackgoddess7119

Krumping IS an art form. With all due respect to those who disagree. Just like opera or ballet. Either you love it or you hate it. When break dancing hit the sceen it was called "a bunch of kids rolling around on the floor" remember that? Now those who put it down can't. Wait to see a "windmill" or flares as it is nationally called . Krumping is a more powerful inner expression. It is spiritual. It is heart and yes it is dance. Personally I think those that judge it negativly haven't had a deep soul penetrating spiritual moment because if they had then they wouldn't judge it so harshly. But its ok. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. And as said earlier people attack what they don't understand. Personally I have never krumped because. I don't think I could give it justice. But when I watch it brings tears to my eyes because I understand it. Being able to express those emotions thru dance is a gift. One that we will see for a long time.

April 27 2011 at 2:37 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to blackgoddess7119's comment
Yummi Chii

I lol'd.

April 29 2011 at 9:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kyle

Not seeing the connection with Christianity and crumping? Something tells me Jesus, The Blessed Mother and St. Joseph wouldn't see crumping as a devotion to God and a fellowship for Christ. I think Jesus would've attempted to cast out whatever demons appearing to be torturing these confused people.

April 22 2011 at 12:40 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Kyle's comment
Heath

We all have our place in Christ if you believe in him Krumping is their way of showing the love for Christ and man it gets the kids out of gangs if you don't understand it watch rize. But Christians ate the worst for cutting down other Christians if they don't understand another's walk just because you don't see Christ in Krump does not mean He is not there. I have been learning Krump and it is not easy and I know tight eyez is doing it for Jesus just watch.
In His service Heath (Jesus Freak)

April 29 2011 at 11:06 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Heath

In His service Heath (Jesus Freak)

April 29 2011 at 11:06 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
shannnn

Kingdom
Radically
Uplifted
Mighty
Praise
Krump is art, Christian art it helps get rid of anger in a non-violent way, so you haters i have one question, Krump or Violence???

April 16 2011 at 1:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Drew

KRUMPIN???? I SAW THEM ON COPS.......TASED AND CONFUSED EDITION

April 08 2011 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mreich0157

What was amazing about that.

April 08 2011 at 2:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply