December 18, 2014

'Jersey Shore' Stars Get Six-Figure Raise

by PopEater Staff, posted Apr 11th 2011 10:20AM
Jersey ShoreReady to wrap your head around this? The stars of MTV's 'Jersey Shore' just got a huge pay raise. The "core group" of the eight-member cast will reportedly receive at least $100,000 per episode for season 4, according to Entertainment Weekly.

Yes, you read that right -- $100,000 per episode. And, in case you were wondering, each season of the hit show is about 13 episodes.

Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi, Jenni 'J-Woww' Farley, Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino and Paul 'Pauly D' Delvecchio were reportedly holding up contract negotiations for the next season, which led to a delay in their scheduled Italian trip. The group was reportedly asking for more money, and now they have it in the form of a six-figure paycheck per episode.

This isn't the first time members of the 'Jersey Shore' have asked for more money to film the show. Last summer, the cast went on strike in order to rake in more cash.
The new raise for the "core group" is a big one, too. The cast reportedly made $10,000 per episode for Season 2, and around $30,000 per episode for Season 3.

And while the $100,000 per episode paycheck is certainly a lot of dough, it's nothing compared to the stars' annual income from club appearances and endorsements. It's been reported that The Situation's annual income is around the $5 million range.

Not too shabby for a group of hard-partying Jersey shore kids, huh?

Lus Adv

Which cast member do I have to smush to get the $100,000 worth of student loans I’ve acquired by attending an institution that, as it now turns out, is completely unnecessary to make it in America! Stupid me…http://bit.ly/gAHbKp

April 15 2011 at 10:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lus Adv

April 15 2011 at 10:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carinne

not gonna lie, I wish I got paid anything at all to professionally party 24/7.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL_bGjbpYdU Oh yeah.

April 13 2011 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
omnirail3

In the immortal words of Don King "only in America"...they can only command that kind of money because of the dopes who regularly watch the show, without ratings they are gone. More power to them but I have a prediction to make...in five years they will be broke. Although with snookis big ole cans she will always be able to "earn" a living!

April 12 2011 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ciciis2hot4ya

a hole bunch of haterz in this world. lolz Jersey shore keep ur head up and keep doing u guys, love show.

April 12 2011 at 9:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
capsule33

From Jersey here...this show is everything that is wrong with Jersey and America. Our kids look up to these dopes and their inflated paychecks, while teachers, cops, military, etc. are viewed as bottom feeders. Don't get me wrong, I love this country, but this country's IQ is dropping faster then Charlie Sheen's career.

April 12 2011 at 6:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
michelle

meanwhile my husband is military and his pay just got cut in half even though they settled its still half this week,,,hmmmmmm

April 11 2011 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
michelle

ok i love the show, but mtv could have just gotten a whole new cast for cheaper and people would still watch, what a bunch of ******** to ask for more for doing nothing but acting like a bunch of drunk slutty bitches

April 11 2011 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent

Why? In the name of all that is holy WHY!!!!!???????

April 11 2011 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joel Shumaker

it just aint right I tell you

April 11 2011 at 6:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply