September 1, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jon Cryer Previews His Hardcore Rap Album on 'The Comedy Awards' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Apr 11th 2011 2:21AM
Jon Cryer, 'The Comedy Awards'"Lately I've had some free time," Jon Cryer admitted to laughter on 'The Comedy Awards' (Sun., 9PM ET on Comedy Central). "Maybe as a reaction to some of the recent events in my life, I've been looking for a way to express myself."

The 'Two and a Half Men' actor then revealed that he'd been working on a new album and gave the crowd a sneak peek. What followed was a hardcore rap song based on the idea that "Jon Cryer will f*** you up!"

The lyrics suggested Cryer may have dipped into Charlie Sheen's tiger blood to channel his own inner crazy, but the performance was hilarious.

While we would have loved to see Cryer drop some rhymes on us himself, his little dance moves were such a contrast to the song, that it worked beautifully. Now we just need to know when the album drops, or at least when this single will be available for download.

Jim

Too bad nobody here knows Duck Down records or they would have been thrilled as I am to see artists Buckshot and Tek from Smif n Wessun performing the track.

April 15 2011 at 7:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heather

Go Ducky, go Ducky, go Ducky...get your krunck on? He's whiter & nerdier than even I am! Still good for a smile, though,

April 11 2011 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
justmena90

Jon Cryer wasn't the cause of the downfall of the hit series, so hence it SHOULD have been up to Charlie Sheen to negotiate the remaining salary and benefits for himself, as well as for the cast and crew members. If Charlie left his character "Charlie Harper" on the set and not taken on the character's reckless personality he would be winning! Duhh... I hope he gets the professional help he so obviously and desperately needs, not only for his future but for the future and well-being of his children. Sorry, but all the money in the world cannot buy serenity and happiness...

April 11 2011 at 1:04 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

Very cute! Jon Cryer doesn't need Charlie Sheen next season could start with Rose being pregnant with Charlie's baby and of course Charlie cut a trail so she is living with Jake and Alan. After she had the baby boy because she is crazy she leaves to find Charlie and once again you have two and a half men minnus the pompus a## lunatic.

April 11 2011 at 11:39 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Lisa's comment
Warren

That's a real good idea. I was thinking that Charlie could be gone in rehab or maybe he died falling off the deck rail chasing after Rose. I think they could handle the show with out Charlie. There are so many good actors on the show as it is. I also think we could have Alan win the lottery and buy out the beach house and Jake gets a girlfriend pregnant but I like your idea much better. I've always had a thing for Rose.

Write out some ideas and send them to the show. You never know what could happen. You could become a Hollywood writer. Good Luck.

April 11 2011 at 11:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rosemary

I remember when Dean and Jerry split up. EVERYONE thought Jerry would NEVER make it. History tells itself. I think Jon Cryer and Charlie Sheen NEEDED each other. Jon's timing antics etc. They are a great team. Good Luck Jon you will be fine.

April 11 2011 at 10:11 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
terry212am

It would have been more impressive if Cryer actually DID any of the rapping or performing or dancing (like Stephen Colbert or Conan O'Brien or Jimmy Fallon would have done). In my book, to be funny you have to do more than stand there and watch other people do things. His reactions were kind of funny but nowhere near enough to constitute a "performance."

April 11 2011 at 10:07 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Eva Marie

I used to be Jon Cryer's #1 fan. I think he is hilarious as Alan Harper playing off Charlie Sheen who is a comedic genius. The entire cast of Two and 1/2 Men are par excellence with Charlie being the ringmaster and setting up each scene with charisma, timing and body language.

My disappointment in Jon Cryer has grown daily since the whole debacle with Charlie began. Jon owes 8 years of weekly success, high paychecks, name recognition and fame to Sheen.. He at least owes respect to Charlie Sheen yet when the chips were down Cryer sided with Chuck Lorre, CBS and Warner Bros to protect his own sorry butt and kicked Sheen to the curb.

A person shows his true character in times of crisis and, unfortunately, John Cryer showed his true self in siding with the suits. Contrary to the belief that Cryer was only looking out for cast and crew members, that theory soon blew up in his face when Charlie Sheen, NOT Cryer, negotiated for 4 weeks of the remaining 8 weeks salary and benefits for ALL cast and crew members which they received immediately.

Holland Taylor was the only honest and darig cast member willing to speak up for Charlie which put Jon's nose out of joint. I am no longer Jon Cryer's #1 fan, he is a disappointment and, in my opinion, a self centered false friend.

April 11 2011 at 9:30 AM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Eva Marie's comment
vinnie

Charlie Sheen owes his life and career to Chuck Lorre. He was a washed up rich spoiled alcolholic drug abusing slut. So chuck got him a part playing a spoiled alholic spoiled slut. Big stretch for a rather poor actor.... I watched the show in spite of charlie not for him. I am surprised he lasted as long as he did before his meltdown.

April 11 2011 at 9:56 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
liitalian

Eva.. surely you have it mixed up. Remember it takes two to tango. there was no Charlie Sheen without Jon Cryer on this show. It was Charlie who screwed everything up, you do understand that right?. out of everybody Jon was the true professional. He endured Charlies bull and made it funny for years. The only reason Charlie was so popular is because its like watching a bad car wreck. its so close to his life its like watching his life on tv. how popular would charlie be if he was down to earth and normal like the rest of us. It tell you.. the answer is he'd be unemployed.

April 11 2011 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply