July 28, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Edge, WWE Champ, Retires Due to Neck Injury (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Apr 12th 2011 9:40AM
Edge Retires on 'Monday Night Raw'The WWE's Edge (Adam Copeland) had a big announcement to make on 'Monday Night Raw' (Mon., 9PM ET on USA). "Eight years ago, I broke my neck," he told the crowd. Recently he'd been suffering through a lot of pain and losing feeling in his arms.

He was told to get some tests done, and "thankfully I did, because the MRIs showed that, uh, I have to retire," he announced sadly. "The doctors have told me that I got no choice. And thankfully they found out, because I'm not gonna end up in a wheelchair now."

He began tearing up as the crowd chanted in unison: "Thank you, Edge! Thank you, Edge!" Backstage he received a big round of applause and lots of handshakes, hugs and fist pumps.

Edge's wrestling career includes 31 championship wins in WWE, including a record seven World Heavyweight Championships.

crafashion528

Well I am very sorry to see Edge go... However, I don't want to see him in a wheelchair either. And for those that think that the WWE is fake. Well, why don't you go and explain that to Owen Hart's family. He DIED in the ring.
crafasdhion.com

April 16 2011 at 6:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jolin

http://www.yahoo808.com all about jerseys . mlb jerseys wholesale . nfl jerseys wholesale . nhl jerseys wholesale .nba jerseys wholesale .paypal accept !

April 14 2011 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RyScott186

Wrestling is scripted and the matches are predetermined. But they are still out there putting their bodies/lives on the line in order to sell the story to the fans. The bumps and slams they take are real and take a toll on their bodies: look at Steve Austin who suffered a broken neck and Droz who broke his neck resulting in him being paralyzed or any of the old timers that can no longer walk. Some injuries are scripted so the wrestler can take a needed vacation, but there are more legitimate injuries than the public realizes. The Undertaker's latest "death" in a buried alive match vs Kane was scripted as an Undertaker loss so he could take a leave of absence and have shoulder surgery. I believe Edge's injury/diagnosis is legitimate, especially since he was a huge draw for the WWE. I Sincerely hope this injury doesn't impact the rest of his life in anyway.

April 14 2011 at 4:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
serranoanglsrrn8

I MIS EDGE HE IS THE WE CHAMP HE WILL END UP HURT IT SELF DOCTOR ORDER HIM TO RETIRE I HOPEFULLY HE GET BETTER HE WILL BE BACK IN WRESTLING HE DOENT WANT END UP IN WHEELCHAIR DO U BELIEVE WRESTING IS NO FAKE IT NOT IT FOR REAL

April 13 2011 at 9:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
roger

be serious, wrestling is like a slap fight with one of your friends, one slap too hard and the other gets pissed, next you have a real fight and it is out of control. wrestling might be staged but it turns real as each wrestler gets aggrivated. stage might be fake but their pain is real.

April 13 2011 at 8:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
iiimarlin

this is to the guy named duck who seemed to want to belittle me earlier. do you by any chance live near tennessee or close. if so maybe we can discuss this in person a little further.

April 12 2011 at 11:26 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to iiimarlin's comment
Mark

ooh, we have an EThug here people! Run from your computer Duck!

April 13 2011 at 10:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Mark's comment
iiimarlin

hi mark, im not trying to be a thug of any kind. i am just a man who backs up what he says and i havent bothered this guy duck. he seems to want to shoot off his mouth at me though. where i come from you dont speak unless you can back it up. do you think that its manly to insult people on a computer?

April 13 2011 at 2:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
MrLatino2008

yeah, in some areas, wrestling is scripted, but getting injured is not fake. If it is, I'd like to see someone do it. Otherwise, find another category of entertainment to criticize. Edge is the best in-ring performer, and it's going to be different without him. As a long time fan, he brought alot to the ring (just like the late Owen Hart, RIP).

April 12 2011 at 10:05 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
emsp45

MMA is real...wrestling is acting......they are both very athletic, but in wrestling the winner is pre-determined.

April 12 2011 at 8:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chunky695355

people saying wrestling is fake are right.......ITS entertainment people cmon.....ive been a wrestling fan my whole life......i would just like to see the people who says its fake get in the ring so they can see how fake it is....thats why they make min. wage...........thank you

April 12 2011 at 8:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WWWBUKTN

Ummmm, it's fake, who cares.

April 12 2011 at 7:48 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply