August 22, 2014

EXCLUSIVE: 'Drop Dead Diva' Adds More Celebs to Gay Prom Episode

by Maggie Furlong, posted Apr 12th 2011 12:00PM
We already know that 'Drop Dead Diva' will be tackling a tough issue this season based on the true story of Constance McMillen, the Mississippi high school senior banned from her prom for wanting to take her girlfriend.

Now AOL TV has learned exclusively that even more openly gay celebrities have agreed to guest star on this very special ripped-from-the-headlines episode.

'Drop Dead Diva' guest stars Lance Bass, Clay Aiken, Amanda Bearse

Former *NSYNC member Lance Bass, 'American Idol' alum Clay Aiken and 'Married ... With Children''s Amanda Bearse are in for the proceedings for the show's fifth episode of the season (season 3 premieres June 2011 on Lifetime).

Bass plays a casting director who approaches Fred (Ben Feldman) to be in an energy-drink commercial; Aiken is a witness in one of Grayson's (Jackson Hurst) cases about a mail-order bride scam; and Bearse will be playing a judge. They join previously announced guest star Wanda Sykes, who'll be playing the judge for the episode's biggest case, and McMillen herself, who has a cameo as Sykes' bailiff.

The show has made a name for itself, not only for its quirky storylines -- the main character Jane, played by Brooke Elliott, is actually the soul of ditzy model Deb trapped in Jane's body -- but also for capturing a ton of big names from week to week.

Other guest stars for season 3 include: LeAnn Rimes, Wendy Williams, Louis Van Amstel, Nick Zano, Mario Lopez, Tony Goldwyn, Jennifer Tilly, Howard Hesseman and recurring guest Paula Abdul, who plays Jane's conscience in the form of Judge Paula Abdul.

Fans, are you excited for season 3? And are you glad they're tackling this tough topic? Share your thoughts in the comments.

Follow Maggie on Twitter @TheTVShowGirl

fried oreo

Sorry, but there is nothing moral about homosexuality or heterosexual promiscuity either. I do, however, have sympathy for all those who have same sex attraction issues which stem from early childhood environmental factors.
They have been fed the lie that they were "born that way" and so, cannot change. Not so. I personally know many who have found freedom to live their lives as joy-filled heterosexuals.Motivation, persistence, and a great support system are three essential factors to realize one's God-given sexual identity.

April 23 2011 at 7:34 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
auntdianesark

Clay Aiken is an insensitive jackass.

April 23 2011 at 3:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dorothy M Raftery

Thanks -Looking forward to more Clay Aiken News!!!!NYC

April 17 2011 at 1:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
indonesian clay fan

lucky I have Drop Dead Dive in my cable here in Indonesia. I even more and more excited will see Clay Aiken in this episode... will definitely waiting for it :)

April 15 2011 at 9:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
paul

As a gay man of 78 years, I'm so tired of having heterosexuality "shoved" down my throat I can' relate to your annoyance of having "gay" shoved down your throat. GET OVER IT!

April 13 2011 at 2:12 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
cookiebruno5

I'm always happy to see Clay get any type of exposure, the man is so damn talented. ALthough I wish people would start to take notice of his talents and forget about his sexual orientation.

April 13 2011 at 1:53 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
jbshu

Ho bloody hum

April 13 2011 at 12:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mikeymike1486

i think it would draw more attention if they were gay and interracial.. thats how low we have come

April 13 2011 at 12:09 PM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
dpg1dspd

Sorry, I'm not one to make rules and laws to justify one sexual preferences. If you want to be GAY, and I'll never
understand that term as in relation to being homosexual or a lesbian. Nothing humerous about it in any manner.
Do your thing. that is your right. I just wont accept the "One man and One man, or "One Woman and One Woman"
as a "Marriage !"

April 13 2011 at 11:52 AM Report abuse -5 rate up rate down Reply
heartlady48

I love Drop Dead Diva, but I am really sick of having the Gay agenda shoved down our throats by television programs. I am really disappointed and I hope this is a one time thing because if it becomes a norm...i will no longer watch.

April 13 2011 at 11:37 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to heartlady48's comment
Jacqueline Little

The reason the "Gay Agenda", as you so kindly call it, is being promoted is to help counteract the negative mindset of people just like you. Until the world at large realizes that a person's personal choice in love does NOT affect YOU or YOUR life, then we need to keep getting this message out there!
Kudos to the show for pointing the spotlight on this difficult and heartfelt issue! I applaud them for never being afraid to make a stand for what is morally and ethically right and I hope that you learn that having acceptance for other lifestyles will not change your personal world.

April 13 2011 at 11:49 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jacqueline Little's comment
AllCotton

Thumbs up! Not thumbs down! My clicker clicked too quickly! I love DDD and the way they attack preconceptions and unfairness against all kinds of discrimination.
Loved your comment!