September 30, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Law & Order: LA' Returns With Tragic Shooting (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Apr 12th 2011 4:13AM
Skeet Ulrich, 'Law & Order: LA'After a lengthy hiatus during which the show was creatively retooled, the now shorter named 'Law & Order: LA' (Mon., 9PM ET on NBC) returned to the air with a two-episode premiere. Fans of the original incarnation of the series, and particularly of Skeet Ulrich's Detective Rex Winters, were in for a very difficult evening.

One thing's for certain, though. After what went down in Winters' home, Ulrich won't be returning to the 'L&O' franchise anytime soon.

In keeping with their tradition of trying to depict the world of crime and punishment as raw and real as they can, the writers had Winters get shot down in a drive-by shooting.

Surrounded by his wife and daughter, he would bleed out on the floor of his home as his wife futilely tried to get an ambulance to the house and his daughter held onto his hand. It would all be in vain, though, as Winters is on the way out to make room for a new 'L&O: LA.'

What did you think of the "new and improved" 'LA'? Still wish they'd kept the original 'L&O' on the air?

Watch the full episode here:

Janet Denker Heine

JUST LOVE the new Law@Order - LA - BUT shame they 'killed off' Detective Ulrich! ! He was great - Do love the stories and EVERYONE is really GREAT - Especially the DA -and the other one who was a DA and now back to bing a Detective! GREAT SHOW!!!! GREAT STORIES AND THAT CAST IS REALLY GOOD!

April 17 2011 at 9:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
misticalnights

I am disgusted that Skeet Ulrich was killed off on Law and Order LA.
What a disappointment!! I was upset when the original Law and Order was cancelled. The new show became intriguing with the two new detectives and new setting. the best part of the show was Detective Rex Winters.
I have not interest in watching the show anymore.

April 13 2011 at 8:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MS. OBSERVANT

They made all the wrong changes. Howard was the weak link, Molina should have been kept as sole DA, Ulrich and SToll had strong chemistry. This new incarnation is just unwatchable. YAWN. Molina as a cop is just bad and he and Stoll look out of synch together.

LOLA is DOA

April 12 2011 at 3:28 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
MikeS

When the Detroit show killed off a popular cop (and the shooter was summarily executed by his partner) my first thought was here is a series not yet renewed and this guy has a chance at another show. Same theme here. Different network. The song remains the same

April 12 2011 at 3:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
currie

I really didn't like the idea of Ulrich being killed off. The ending was not what I thought it should have ended like. They left the killer get away unless somewhere down the road they bring it all together. But leaving his wife in the emergency room was in bad taste as far as I was concerned.
I liked the show when it interacted with the SVU also, maybe they should do that more often.

April 12 2011 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carl Winslow

God, this show sucks.

April 12 2011 at 11:42 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Sandre'

As much as I hate to see Ulrich go, they really seemed to strike all the right notes last night. This is becoming the Law and Order we all know and love. And I'm THRILLED about the changes made with Alfred Molina's character. I'll definitely be tuning in to give it a chance now.

April 12 2011 at 10:09 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
jdh3434

Don't like that Skeet Ulrich was killed off LA Law.
What were they thinking ?

April 12 2011 at 9:15 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
tcminnie

I don't know why this edition of L&O seems a little slow and flat. Maybe it needed the NYC energy or maybe a more dynamic cast. I like all the actors in this, but they don't seem to mesh together or have any chemistry. But I'll hang in til the end or they figure it out.

April 12 2011 at 8:46 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply