July 30, 2014

Charlie Sheen Claims He's in Talks to Return to 'Two and a Half Men'

by Chris Harnick, posted Apr 13th 2011 10:45AM
Charlie SheenWhat do you do when your 'Violent Torpedo of Truth / Defeat Is Not an Option' tour gets disastrous reviews and results in thousands of angry fans? If you're Charlie Sheen you hint at a return to the show that started it all, 'Two and a Half Men.'

Yes, the same CBS sitcom Sheen has been lampooning on his cross-country tour. According to Deadline, Sheen dropped hints about his possible return to 'Men' during an interview with a Boston radio station.

"There've been discussions, but I was asked not to divulge anything," Sheen said of his potential comeback. Uh, didn't he just divulge something by saying there are discussions?

How can CBS / Warner Bros. even consider a return? Have they already forgotten about those very public tirades against the series and that $100 million lawsuit against Warner Bros. TV and 'Men' creator Chuck Lorre? This isn't 'Glee.' There need to be consequences for his actions.

"Had they told me at the end of season 8 that that behavior wasn't going to be cool, I would have adjusted it," the troubled star said in the radio interview yesterday, adding that he's not getting any syndication residuals since being fired and initiating litigation with Warner Bros. TV.

Of course, since this is Hollywood, the bottom line rules. Sheen's show is a top money-maker, and the series would look very different without him. Could the public backlash and the pseudo-apologies be enough?

Tell us: Should CBS/Warner Bros. even consider bringing Charlie Sheen back on 'Two and a Half Men'?

Follow Chris Harnick on Twitter.

ELVISANDMEATLOAF

bring him back, bring the show back. Tell the producers to give it up, they are not the show. He is.

May 07 2011 at 2:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gayle

I don't think you can make the show better with out him! #1 he is the show and its his persona with Alan; that makes it work? If I were to watch the show it would have to be about the house keeper? Not Alan. and not with out Charlie.

April 28 2011 at 9:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
conson auto

That show is HILARIOUS.............Pay him..............kiss his butt.............whatever...............If he self-destructs he has friends agents and family to stop that. CBS owes it to the fans and the sponsors to keep that show on exactly in the manner that made it #1.

April 20 2011 at 2:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wabbitbuster

I think Charlie is a talented actor, always did, But Im sadden that he just throws his life away. He has the world on a stribng but chooses to act like an ass. I hope he does go back and then straighten out his life

April 19 2011 at 6:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
aker1

I can't judge Charlie Sheen. I watch him for entertinment. Sheen, like most of his family, is an entertainer.
As to wheather he goes back to my favorite show is up to him. The show has an outstanding cast. He certainly can be replaced if need be.
The picture from this article confirms that he is truly mortal and aging fast. Sheen has to reinvent himself. Most actors don't do this well. Before Erroll Flynn passed, he turned himself from a "THE STAR" to a character actor.
Flynn's last role in 'The Sun Also Rises" drew critical praise. Sheen, if he still wants to act, needs to find a niche that can fit him.
His personal life is his business. If he wants to embarrass himself, let him. Nothing can take his inherent ability to do comedy away. He stil has many more years left, how he chooses to use them - again is his decision. He can't stop father time, no matter his rants. He can go with the flow and be a superb character actor.
He can also retire like Steinfield, as suggested in previous comments. Steinfield was on top of his game and now after ten years is beginning to fade into TV history as a footnote.

April 19 2011 at 5:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Grandma

Take Charlie Back? DUH LOSING! What has this world come to? Condoing his disgusting antics. I could care less if he comes back,, There is always a new and better actor waiting in the wings and willing to take less than the insane $1 million plus per episde given to this freak.

April 18 2011 at 8:49 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
bgballen

WHAT MAKES CHARLIE THINK RETURNING TO THE SHOW IS THE WISH OF VIEWERS, HE SHOULD RETIRE N O W, GIVE US ALL A BREAK FROM HIS CRAZY ANTICS UGH

April 16 2011 at 7:33 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Dennis

Two and a half men is my favorite show out now and I hate to see it go I own every season and watch daily.........I do however have a problem with someone so reckless I would really like to see them try to spin the show in a new direction with a new lead actor. I think the cast has the skill and comedic talent to carry the show without sheen.
If they take him back its just opening the door for him to say hey see you can't live without my tiger blood... lol

April 16 2011 at 4:18 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
sugarbunnie610

it would be best if you brought charlie back..at least find a good replacement and let the show go on..its wayyy to good to cancel!!!wake up!we dont know but his complaints against whoever,could be valid!!these other guys have wayyyyy to much power!!!

April 16 2011 at 2:15 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jec7906721

bring charlie back he is the greatest

April 16 2011 at 2:00 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply