April 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Whoopi Goldberg Wasn't in Love with Any of Her Three Husbands (VIDEO)

by Jeremy Taylor, posted Apr 14th 2011 5:10AM
Whoopi Goldberg on 'Piers Morgan Tonight'Whoopi Goldberg has been married three times -- once in the '70s, once in the '80s and once in the '90s. Appearing on 'Piers Morgan Tonight' (weekdays, 9PM ET on CNN), Goldberg made a surprising disclosure about each relationship.

"Do you think you were in love with all your husbands, any of them?" Morgan asked Goldberg. She responded immediately: "No." So why did Goldberg get married all those times?

"Because I wanted to feel normal, and it seemed to me that if I was married I'd have a much more normal life," was how she explained it.

Goldberg went on to say she has only been in love once in her life.

And, no, it wasn't with Ted Danson, with whom she was so famously romantically linked during the '90s. It was with someone outside the spotlight, and Goldberg would not disclose to Morgan any further information on that relationship.

hp44o

THE BIG QUESTION IS .--------WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO MARRY HER--WHAT A LOSER

April 14 2011 at 4:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lois

Whoopie is incapable of loving anyone except herself. She is very self centered and constantly looks and dresses like she if from a flop house!

April 14 2011 at 2:06 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Lois's comment
mchl105394065

So are you, if you think you know anything about someone you've never met. Much less judge them.

April 14 2011 at 3:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WBSIMB

I think Whoppie is basically a good person at heart. I really do. I can see that in her...However, I do not like the way "everything" is always about black and white. My God, she raked over Elisabeth once for saying "we all live in the same world.." Obviously, Elisabeth meant we all live on thsi planet..... Whoppie them stops her dead in her tracks and says, that they all DON'T Live in the same world because she never experienced being black.. lol. Good grief!

I think Regis even had to laugh when he was in the show and had to tell Whoppie that everything is not always about black and white.

BUt I like Whoppie. I think she is sincere and she did make her dreams come true being a black actress. However today, I feel blacks and whites have opportunities to make it big, as we now see with so many becoming successful.

Take Care Whoppie...And "Sister Act" is still hilarious and my kid and I watch it all the time. Those movies were great, along with your role in "Ghost," which I will never forget! You;'re a heck of an actress! And I'm a republican so see---evern republicans have a kind heart...LOL.

Take care Whoppie!

April 14 2011 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to WBSIMB's comment
mchl105394065

Well, the truth is that most African Americans *don't* have the same experience as most Caucasians.

April 14 2011 at 3:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
annzo123

Whoppie is a wonderful person who has done more for other people than any of you I believe will do in your whole lives. Im sorry Whoppie most people love you these people on here are just sad miserable people. Probably Reblican racist mostly.

April 14 2011 at 1:54 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
patiodaddy

Fugly AND stupid!

April 14 2011 at 1:51 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
sug4725

WHOPPIE, YOU THINK MORE OF YOUR SELF ,THAN OTHERS THINK OF YOU. WHY DO YOU DISLIKE WHITE?
PEOPLE THAT IS???

April 14 2011 at 1:44 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to sug4725's comment
tryheyr

MAYBE WHOOPIG WILL MARRY OPRAH AND THEY WILL BOTH MOVE BACK TO AFRICA WHERE THEY BELONG.

April 14 2011 at 1:42 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tryheyr's comment
mchl105394065

And you're not racist at all.

April 14 2011 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JERRY GREVAS

WHO IN THE HELL WOULD MARRY HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 14 2011 at 1:36 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to JERRY GREVAS's comment
duet2it

For money only.

April 14 2011 at 1:53 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
circler52

Hell, Whoopie is too much in love with herself to love anyone else.

April 14 2011 at 1:33 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
harolddundee

Well you can bet they weren`t in love with that ugly racist piece of crap either.

April 14 2011 at 1:31 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply