September 30, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Susan Lucci Surprises 'All My Children' Fans With Erica Kane Makeovers, And It's the Saddest Thing Ever (VIDEO)

by Nick Zaino, posted Apr 14th 2011 5:50PM
Susan Lucci of 'All My Children' on 'The Nate Berkus Show'The news that 'All My Children' was canceled Thursday had not yet hit when a pre-recorded 'Erica Kane' makeover segment aired on 'The Nate Berkus Show' (weekdays, syndicated). So TV watchers were treated to the awkward spectacle of watching three 'All My Children' fans being made-over to look like a much beloved, but recently canceled soap character. David Zyla, the show's stylist, was there, as was special guest Susan Lucci, who surprised the ladies on set.

One fan broke down and cried upon meeting Lucci, who has been on a non-stop media tour lately, insisting that she thought the show had a bright future. If Lucci knew the news about 'AMC's' cancellation, she didn't show it, handling herself with typical grace and class. She complemented the women on their new looks and laughed with them. "I hope you all feel really good," said Lucci. "You look fantastic."

Each of the women got something that Erica Kane used or wore on the show that they could take home with them; two ladies got handbags and another earrings and a bracelet, which will now be bittersweet souvenirs when they hear the sad news about their favorite show.

bellasylvester

"The Chew" rhymes with "The View", how stupid. Disgusted fans of OLTL and AMC are going to CHEW you up and spit you out, ABC!! Shame on you!!

April 18 2011 at 2:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dickn2000b

The article by itself would have been enough. I refuse to watch a video with commercials.

April 17 2011 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
melissag57

All My Children was and is the best soap. If I couldn't watch it, I taped it. The acting and the storylines were well done. It will be a very sad day when they are off the air. What's wrong with you, ABC? The show you have replacing All My Children will not last.

April 17 2011 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cheryljim430

I watched both soaps for years but could not take them anymore, I quit watching years ago.

April 17 2011 at 9:36 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
drbracket

Frons wanted OLTL to fail and he made sure it never had a chance. Even with scraps for a budget it was still outdrawing all my children with a much larger budget and it was hammering the talk on the other network. SO what does this guy do in all his wisdom. cancels it to put on another reality show America rejects . Some network with someone running it who doesnt have the iq of a squirrel like Frons should pick it up and give it a chance . it did so much with so little and now the 2 Todds story . This show has a lot of mileage on it and is a golden cow waiting for someone

April 17 2011 at 9:28 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
hismets4657

Soaps are fading away so networks can put on more crappy shows.

It's a shame that we can no longer watch many quality shows anymore.

April 17 2011 at 8:56 AM Report abuse +10 rate up rate down Reply
Robin Egg Blue

She was my favorite in high school..... She really has taken great care of herself

April 17 2011 at 8:41 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
Michael

When they took As The World Turns off the air, which was the best wriiten and acted soap on TV,
no soap was safe. Took a while to get over that since last Sept., but you find there is life after soaps.
Those of you who think you'll never get passed this, will. You'll always have the memories...

April 17 2011 at 8:36 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Michael

I watched A.M.C. for over 35 years. Even cut college classes before the days of V.C.R.'s. But finally couldn't take it anymore about 5 yrs. ago when story lines that went to nowhere took months to complete. A combination of very bad writing and really bad actors sealed the deal. Frankly, don't know how it lasted this long.
Take care Pine Valley...

April 17 2011 at 8:31 AM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
shakamichelle

i too have been watching all my children and one life to live from the first day they came on,listen to the faithful viewers and keep these shows on . its the viewers that keeps ABC on the air,,helloooooo

April 17 2011 at 8:25 AM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply