April 25, 2014

Get to Know Soap-Killers 'The Chew' and 'The Revolution'

by Chris Harnick, posted Apr 14th 2011 4:45PM
The Chew, The RevolutionWhen 'Ally My Children' and 'One Life to Live' bid adieu, they'll be replaced with two lifestyle programs, 'The Chew' and 'The Revolution.'

So, just what are these shows about? Certainly not countless marriages and evil twins. Get the breakdown on what you can expect and what (if anything) there is to look forward to seeing on these new shows.

'The Chew' comes from veteran Food Network producer Gordon Elliot ('Paula Deen's Home Cooking,' 'Down Home With the Neelys') and will focus on every aspect of food. The one-hour series about the big world of food will be hosted by Mario Batali, 'What Not to Wear' stylist Clinton Kelly, 'Top Chef' veteran Carla Hall, 'Iron Chef America' star Michael Symon and nutrition expert Daphne Oz.

Look for the panelists to discuss things ranging from food trucks to pesticides. With such a charming group of people (Hootie hoo, Carla!) and the growing foodie craze, 'The Chew' could just work. Only thing that sounds off-putting is 'The Name' sorry, the name.

'The Chew' will replace 'All My Children' starting in September.

In January, ABC will launch 'The Revolution,' a show about health and lifestyle changes. 'The Revolution' hails from the producers of 'The Biggest Loser' and 'Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition.'

Tim Gunn headlines the "dream team" of Kimberly Locke -- yep, 'American Idol' contestant Kimberly Locke -- and fitness trainer Harley Pasternak. The three will be joined by a rotating cast of contributors to help transform all aspects of people's lives. Over the five weekday broadcasts, the series will feature one woman's five-month weight loss path. ABC calls the show a "one-stop shop for better living." Based the on the description, it's hard to get a grasp on just how this show will pan out.

Tell us: What do you think of the new shows? Will you watch either?

Follow Chris Harnick on Twitter.

Tari

Oh! and Ty Pennington has THE most annoying voice ever.

March 22 2012 at 4:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tari

I hate the revolution!!!! The chew I have learned to tolerate. Quit trying to make me better!!

March 22 2012 at 4:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xbrandix813

I NEVER have and will NEVER watch these Sorry Excuses for a Replacment show

March 20 2012 at 7:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy Thon Jasper

I'm a soap fan. I watched All My Children and One Life to Live. I was very sad and outraged when I heard they were being canceled and replaced with these shows. The Chew I won't watch. There's really no one on there that I am familiar with except for Clayton and I don't cook. But I thought when I heard about The Revolution that it might be a good show to watch. I even thought it might even be able to help me. I thought I might try and watch a few segments online the other day and was very disappointed. It was boring and wasn't telling me anything that I didn't already know. Like, how to say "no". Please. Is this what this show is going to teach me? And that my salad isn't really low in calories? Wow! Really? I can see this stuff on "The Doctors" and "Dr. Oz" so I will watch them instead if I need to learn any of this stuff instead of a network that doesn't care about their viewers and what makes them happy.

January 19 2012 at 2:35 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Lisa Rexrode

Only stories will I watch. I will use One Life to Live hour to get housework or homework done. There is already to many talk show's on not enough stories. I never thought I would live to see these show's end.

January 12 2012 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa Rexrode

I personally think there is enough talk show's on..I will not be watching anymore. They should have left the stories on

January 12 2012 at 12:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
unclelum

'NO WAY AT ALL'

November 28 2011 at 7:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JODY

Time to cancel this show, really boring, they are all laughing at private jokes and we are suppose to just watch them eat? CANCEL.....

November 17 2011 at 9:10 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
smithtapestrycat

I agree with everything that has been said of the CHEW. It is boring, too fast, and even if you wanted to get a recipe that is shown, you can't. The only soaps that I have watched and enjoyed are "All My Children" and "One Life to Live". I especially enjoy "One Life to Live" and now they are both going away. They have been funny, had mystery and, of course, romance. They have been a great "escape" from reality and they were not a reality show, thank heavens. I don't watch the Chew and I won't ever watch "The Revolution." I hardly watch "The Doctors" and at least they have good information. I like stories.

October 27 2011 at 4:01 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
micki&dan

Boring. Nothing unique or interesting. They all talk at once and over each other. Where's the planning and some innovative ideas? This show is very disappointing. I was an All My Children fan for 40 yrs. Bring it back. You can have "The Chew". They all try toooooooo hard.

October 26 2011 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply