September 2, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Kelly Ripa Looks Back on Her 'All My Children' Days (VIDEO)

by Nick Zaino, posted Apr 15th 2011 1:40PM
Mark Consuelos and Kelly Ripa on 'All My Children'Kelly Ripa got her first break on 'All My Children,' which ABC announced yesterday it was canceling after 41 years. Today on 'Live With Regis and Kelly' (weekdays, syndicated), Ripa took some time to look back at a highlight reel of her time on the long-running soap opera, on which she played Hayley Vaughan Santos.

Many of the clips featured Ripa's real-life husband, Mark Consuelos, who played Mateo Santos, Vaughan's love interest on the show. There were amusing scenes of their characters getting married, including one in a hospital room where Ripa had the sheets hiked up to her chest. "I'm pregnant here," Ripa explained.

The montage ended with a series of shots of Ripa and Consuelos kissing, which some might call sappy, but at least it was from 'AMC' and not home movies.

Rita Martin

I want my All My Children Back...they are all like family to me. I think ABC better think about all the millions of people they will need to pay for therapy for. It is like losing family. I have been watching All My Children for 40 years. My Mother, sisters and children. You are talking lots of generations that will need therapy when it goes off the air. Hey ABC...do you not like Soap Operas? You honestly can make a cut by taking off all the news shows you put on the tv during the day. No one is home to watch them anyway. Most people record All My Children or watch SoapNet or Online the next day. Dumb Move...you will lose viewers for all your shows...You are ruining all those people that play our favorite characters and our lives.

April 17 2011 at 10:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ctcharliet

KELLY RIPKAS HUSBAND MARK BADLY NEEDS A NOSE JOB...UGLY PROFILE

April 17 2011 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tinydancerat53

!!! I REALY DONT THINK THEY SHOULD TAKE OFF ONR LIFE TOO LIVE OR ALL MY CHILDREN AND PUT A FOOD SHOW ON COMEON BE REAL..THERE ARE SO MANY FOOD SHOWS ON TY HOW MANY CAN WE WATCH....THIS IS BS....

April 17 2011 at 6:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brilynnel

Cancelling AMC to put on some food show? Are you kidding? If I want to watch food network, I can, but I don't! ABC don't cancel AMC, big mistake!!

April 16 2011 at 7:39 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Monroe

what a good soap opera.

April 16 2011 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kevdm007

Mr. Kelly Ripa is a no talent hack whose primary task is to give his wife sex while she brings home all of the income.

April 16 2011 at 1:58 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
lilpapaya50

I think ABC is so stupid for taking off the air two of its most beloved soaps. Normally networks take off or cancel programs/shows that are not doing good, but not ABC, OH NO!!!!!!! THEY TAKE OFF/CANCEL PROGRAMS/SHOWS THAT ARE AT THE TOP!!! I don't know, maybe the higher ups are getting something from the shows that are not doing good, who knows, I know I don't!!!!! Some other network would be smart to pick up these soaps along with it's millions if not billions of viewers/fans. All My Children, you will live forever in the hearts of many.

April 16 2011 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rose

Ohhh my Godddd, I cannot believe that AMC is being canceled after all this time,it is one of the most top soap opera's.We r going to miss AMC .... I am sadddd .... Rose

April 16 2011 at 1:39 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
respee1

I wasn't an All My Children fan, and didn't watch the show. However, I do remember when Kelly and Mark were on there, and the fact that they not only got married on the show, but in real life as well. I just thought that was so awesome, and I'm glad that these two can look back on the show with much fondness.

April 16 2011 at 1:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mryanlawlor

Will miss these shows. When I can't watch I DVR or catch them on Soap Net. ABC don't do this.

April 16 2011 at 1:28 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply