August 21, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

NYC 'Housewives': Alex, Sonja Fight Over Who Hijacked the Marriage Equality March (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Apr 15th 2011 5:40AM
Alex, Sonja Fight on NYC 'Housewives'On 'The Real Housewives of New York' (Thu., 10PM ET on BRAVO), Sonja Morgan hijacked the marriage equality march, making it all about her once she was named grand marshal of the event. Alex McCord's husband Simon was scheduled to take the podium, but Sonja wouldn't share the mic.

Later at an event for Sonja's artist beau Bryan, she and Alex debated who was the event's bigger bridezilla. "You kicked [Simon] off the podium!" said Alex. Sonja replied, "I was invited to speak, and you were not."

They fought by simply talking at the same time. Sonja seemed to win, merely for being louder. "Now is not the time," she said. "This is my home. I have guests arriving. This is about Bryan and myself today -- it's not about you. You need to have some manners."

"Excuse me, Sonja, I'm not done yet," said Alex, following her into another room and continuing to chatter away.

Finally Sonja yelled, "Don't you ever talk to me like this again. You have the worst manners. This is the wrong time and the wrong place, and you know what, at the wedding march it was the wrong time and the wrong place! You have crossed the wrong person. Out of my house!"

root the toot

what a shame the NYC housewives and the NJ housewives are going down the tube this season. Saw previews of NJ - AWFUL AWFUL - same goes for NYC AWFUL. They should never have let Danielle and Bethany go.

April 17 2011 at 6:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
circusfred

Take a chill pill sonja - I used to like you - you are becoming self centered and obnoxiouys just loike JILL!!!!!!!!!! get over yourself!!!!!!!!! Remember - you are not ALL THAT - you have a DUI - get over yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 17 2011 at 2:14 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
cjlastchance

sonja is beginning to make my skin crawl. especially now that she is bff with kelly, xcountess, and the new and improved jill. that's a laugh! alex and ramona are the only gals that can remember what the real truth is and tell it. the rest of them have convenient memory loss.
as for the oc...vicki is the saddist piece of work i've ever seem. don & her kids finally realize what a needy selfish babe she is. tamara is and always has been a bitch in the truest sense of the word. her & her boy toy are a joke!!!

April 17 2011 at 2:01 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
vito661

Ps IF Alex would have slapped Sonja it might have straighten out that huge ass nose she has yes its gotten personal now! I am sure Andy is having a ball with this!!! Andy rocks!!!

April 17 2011 at 1:58 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
sbrewton9

Best line of the night goes to Luanne. "I would have thrown her out just for the dress". All of these women have issues but I find the way Alex is constantly trying to be taken seriously by the other housewives a bit uncomfortable to watch. While it is true that Kelly has um...problems...rarely does she seem to be physically aggressive. By contrast Alex is transforming herself into this passive aggressive wannabe who drank too much of the kool-aid. So you found your voice...well la ti fricken da...how's that been working for you Alex...

April 17 2011 at 1:36 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to sbrewton9's comment
laydeesimba

Alex always does things at the wrong time. she could have confronted sonja but NOT at the party. The same with when she confronted Jill at the event last season (on that clown Bethanny's behalf, ain't she a hot mess!) there is a time and a place to do everything and Alex is such a wannabe that she hasn't learned anything about how to behave in public - so I see why her kids are such brats. The irony is that she's not necessarily wrong she just needs to work on her timing.

April 17 2011 at 1:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to laydeesimba's comment
hi mom i love u

PLEASE WATCH THE EPISODE AGAIN,SONJA CONFRONTED ALEX!!!

April 17 2011 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
vito661

ohhh I also like the girl who other thought was nuts (SHE"S NOT!) the former model she's just free caring and I like her attitude and one can tell she is a good mother to her two girls.....

April 17 2011 at 1:31 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Susan Harris

I agree Alex and Ramona are the only ones that have their own lives and a point of view. The others are just awful people with money to spend. That is their reason for getting out of bed and they need each other to show off what they are spending hence all the friction...they are not actually 'friends' in the true sense of the word. They never care about spending time with each other...they just need bodies to fill out their extravagant events. The true mystery is why some really nice woman has not snapped up Bobby from that monster...women go after men like Bobby like crazy....and no one likes Jill so she is not a consideration... Bobby is considered fair game...why is he still there?

April 17 2011 at 1:19 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
vito661

Alex needed to slap Sonja as hard as she could across that bitches mouth, and then pull some of her hair, and toss wine on her picture PERIOD. EX COUNTESS quick your running mouth as well, and Jill you suck. Pull that victim act on Alex Jill it didnt work I like the new girl, Alex, and Ramona (yet her mouth still over runnth....)and old ways showed up with the morning breakfast and getting mad. But there's hope for Ramona, Alex and the new girl...the rest of the clan SUCK!

April 17 2011 at 1:17 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
Dennis

I wonder if Sonja has ever looked in a mirror? I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but, I don't see any beauty anywhere near her.

April 17 2011 at 1:02 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
whoissurprised

Alex and Simon were completely correct in wanting to speak. Jill was out of space as ususal with her negative comments to Alex. Did Jill march or just show up to BIT--H at Alex as ususal for the cameras? Sonja acted like she was the Queen of the Nile for gays. and wanted to put her pack dogs on a leash to support "her" NOT the event. Bravo gave Sonja, Jill, Countless, and Kelly a minute to prove what fools these women are in real life.....you can not really be that stupid or such a outcast in society. Jill you looked like a stripper on Bravo with your new bra equipment and I dream of Jeannie ponytail.

April 17 2011 at 12:41 PM Report abuse +12 rate up rate down Reply