Something Pitchy: 'American Idol' Has Us Singin' the Blues

by Hilary Rothing, posted Apr 15th 2011 12:12AM
Tonight's elimination came as no surprise. But still, we're sad to see Season 10's good time guy, Paul McDonald, go.

The fact that we've still got six weeks of mediocre talent and judges hopped up on happy pills doesn't sit well with the 'Something Pitchy' crew. Where's the drama? Where's the talent? Where's Simon?!

Find out what Rickey Yaneza (Rickey.org), MJ Santilli (MJ's Big Blog) and I think the remainder of the season holds -- and more importantly, how we'll get through it, in this bummed out, post-Top 8 elimination edition of AOL's 'American Idol' talk show, 'Something Pitchy!'

'American Idol' airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8PM ET on FOX.

ingeborg

PAUL is great miss him!!!!!

April 15 2011 at 1:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deadra!

Now that's the way to leave the show! So sorry Paul is gone, but at least he didn't act like there's no hope for tomorrow. I'm sure this was good exposure and he has a very bright future. Way 2go Paul!

April 15 2011 at 1:15 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Barbara Bradley Swar

WELL , my feelings on this is .. This has been the worse American Idol ever .. With Simon gone it hasnt been a contest. Jacob and Stefano should have been the ones gone last week and this week instead of Pia and Paul.. I think its A RIGGED SHOW AND SHOULD HAVE WENT OFF THE AIR WHEN SIMON LEFT .

April 15 2011 at 10:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
skouzes

AS far as Haley is concerned , all I can say is "HAL NO"

April 15 2011 at 10:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
zeple

This is the worst season of Idol. Time for it to go...it has seen its better days. The choice of hopefuls was sadly lacking any real excitement. and interest. No one ever got honestly critiqued. Everything was just peachy keen! The direction of the program is obvious...appeal to the young demographic...under 18. Some of the contestants ...we know who...absurdly and embarrassingly overly emotional. Choice of music was boring. I for one, am tired of all the screaming and jumping around on stage..Paul's stage moves dreadful...so unappealing. Bring back Simon, a touch of honesty and a better, more rounded selection of hopefuls. Several of them should have gone home before they even started. Sad end to what used to be a great show.

April 15 2011 at 9:32 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
zipperlegsbt

I JUST LOVED TO HEAR PAUL SING. I THOUGHT HE WAS A FANTASTIC SINGER. I HATED TO SEE HIM VOTED OFF. THE SONG MAGGIE HE SANG LAST NIGHT WAS JUST AWESOME AND HE DID IT GREAT JUSTICE. I WISH HIM A GREAT FUTURE AND I KNOW SOMEONE WILL COME FORTH AND BACK HIM UP WITH A GREAT CAREER IN HIS TALENT FOR SINGING AND MUSIC.

April 15 2011 at 9:05 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
theisenreggie

Agree totally -- with the review!!!

April 15 2011 at 9:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diana Johns

Paul was the come back kid of the 70 and 80's to me....What do you expect , I knew all teeny boppers voting for young people....It's really wisdom of the generation who knows a different voice,...PAUL had that voice...The others will bottom out even after IDOL as somany have done...Not many will be talk about in 5 years...Scotty,Well Idol or not -Country will pick him up..He is a star -Country one...The Rod Stewart Days that we need again got booted --Hope someone will pick himup....

April 15 2011 at 8:45 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
dora jean

i liked paul he sounded so much like rod stewart i hate that hes gone i do not like casey to me he scretches and screams and that is not music

April 15 2011 at 8:33 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
splashguam

Paul and Pia have the most star talent. This season isn't worth watching anymore. It's insulting that Jacob and Stefano are still in the running. Really America, really?

April 15 2011 at 8:15 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply